• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you stick all your Pokemon in your PC?

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
  • I do. Although my boxes are getting very full, considering I'm catching/breeding a copy of every Pokemon I have, to transfer it to White. Also, I'm trying to complete the Pokedex, so my boxes are very full. Especially since I'm only doing this on one game. Don't know why, considering I have 4 games to distribute my Pokemon across...
    So do you have a ton of Pokemon in your PC? Or do you not care about the Pokedex and/or BW? (How could anyone NOT care?!?! Only 6 days guys! 4 for you lucky ones in Europe.)

Last edited:

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • I'm purely an action replay junkie... so I have sat down and caught all 493 pokémon... that took about 3 days. I don't like using codes for COMPLETE POKéDEX, I'd rather actually HAVE the pokémon in my box. Not to mention I have about 7 Eevee eggs and a Raikou I got from a Mystery Gift.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I always try to complete my dex. It's my favorite thing to do! I keep every pokemon I catch and train unless I have an extra of something

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I keep all my Pokemon in my box save during breeding when I find myself with 25 baby Pokemon that don't make the cut IV or nature-wise. Then I have to release a few of them to avoid clutter.

Years
  • Right now I got about 4 or 5 boxes of pokemon full. Because I'm doing the breeding with the egg moves right now. Let say right name I have 2 charmeleon because I'm trying to do a breeding with egg move crunch in it.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • For the sake of completing my Pokedex, I just catch every new thing I run into and if I don't plan on using it or if it has a terrible nature, I'll just dump it in the PC and it'll more than likely never see the light of day again.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I do. Just every Pokemon I catch, it goes in a box. I don't even release any. So now I have about 10 Teddiursa in my box. All for the sake of winning the Pokemon ID lottery :) I'll have to transfer some of them to Black and White. You have space for 720 Pokemon on those games! 720!!!!

Yeah, all of them usually go into the box. Except those in my little special box, those are my team pokes.
    P.S.: Why do you keep on catching teddiursa to get the lottery? You dont get a new id each time you catch a pokemon... except its for other games.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • I catch about every Pokemon I see in the Safari Zone, and every new one I see normally... I feel kind of bad, just letting them rot in a PC Box...

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I keep them all. unless of course I'm breeding for Natures/moves/abilities/IVs then I'll release the the ones who don't meet the current criteria. I also Organize them through type and I always Have a sorting box and an Eved box(s).

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • As a Breeding Junkie you would think i would keep all of them but i do not just the team i beat the game with and pokemon with appropriate natures and iv's for what i am working on at the moment

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i have a few boxes of pokemon i keep but most of the boxes are empty for when i breed pokemon to get shinies or good iv and natured pokemon, most of them usually never see the light of day though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My boxes have been clogged with the Gastly and Staryu I caught in the PokeWalker, but I released some. Other than that, I keep my extra Pokemon in the PC and release some from time to time.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I catch every pokemon and then evolve them and place the final form in my boxes (Geodude, raise it to Golem and place Golem in the box). My boxes are organized by type and then the pokemon are organized in the box by level, lowest lvl to highest.

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • I tend to keep the final forms of each Pokemon in my box while releasing the rest of them, due to the fact that I would have no real need of them. From there, my boxes are each named after a specific environment, and the Pokemon that would live there are put into that box. As such, for example, in my 'CAVE' box, I happen to have Crobat, Golem, Steelix, and all of the others you might expect in a cave. From there they tend to be ordered how they are in the Pokedex, which makes it easier to find out where everyone is inside said Box.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My Pearl has pokemon in every box but not all the way full, and my HG has at least 6 boxes full..

DrawerWorthy

Eevee <3
    Years
  • When I finish Platinum's story and get the National Dex I will fill up the boxes with Pokemon In order ie. Venusaur then Charizard then Blastoise etc. So yes I will put all Pokemon in the PC apart from my team.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If they're not on the main team, then yeah, that's where they go. In my HeartGold, I have events and traded Pokemon from failed SoulSilver runs on there, so yeah...and I like to catch a lot of Pokemon so that I have more choices in Pokethlon. :)

Serperior

ɱɛʟт
    Years
  • Yes, I do that with all my Pokemon. I have about 2 boxes full of Pokemon I used for battling on Wi-Fi and Battle Frontier. But the rest just lay there. Just for the fact that I like collecting whenever I see a Pokemon that I haven't caught yet and showing it off.

Baibanira

★ Impromptu Trainer ★
    Years
  • I use the original motto as motivation "Gotta catch em' all!" I catch whatever I don't have already, and PC them. I also put some reserves as my catching team, like pokemon with hypnosis, false swipe - and Box 1 is what I use for my actual trained pokemon and everything: you know if you have a pokemon that isn't strong against a certain type? Yeah, I just le switch.

Back