• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you stick all your Pokemon in your PC?

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I usually like catch as many Pokemon as possible to fill out the Pokedex but depending on the Pokemon, I may release them or leave them in PC. I also tend to catch at lease one male and one female of the same Pokemon, unless they're like Tauros or Miltank, then I just catch one with a good nature xD.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Of course I dump them in my PC! I'm FAR too lazy to release every single Pokemon I catch and don't train. That would be... almost every Pokemon I catch. The only exception being my six party Pokemon. xD The ones I don't use for battle mostly just rot in my PC. Sometimes I'll use them for breeding or HMs, though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've never actually attempted to complete my PokéDex. I don't know why, but I was just never up for the challenge. I mostly enjoyed catching the Pokémon I liked or planned on training for my team. So, if I caught a Pokémon I had little interest in when playing through SoulSilver, naturally it would go in my PC Boxes - I have them categorized by type and specialty (i.e. Events or EV'd Pokémon) so they're all nice a tidy in my storage system.

Years
  • I set up a main team of 6, and I catch all other pokemon just to catch them all, and then after I beat the elite 4 and what not, I train them starting with the lowest first to catch up to the others then train them up like that.

~Darkness~

NJ All Day
    Years
  • I catch pokemon that I dont have. I have 2 boxes of eggs and a few boxes of pokemon that have hatched or the pokemon I breed. If I need a pokemon to know a HM I catch one that can use it really fast and then bring it with me when i need that HM. Its better if they can learn multiple. But oh well

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wouldn't release pokemon in my box unless I ran out of space....and that hasn't ever happened to me yet.

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    i always catch pokemon to either:
    1. beat the next gym leader or
    2. fill up the pokedex
    if i think it is worthy it will be transferred to black and white. if it has served its purpose i release it.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I collect, one of each pokémon, including evolutions. My PC is close to full because of that. The extra box has all my shinies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Usually I don't catch anything I wont use. But now, with black and white coming out, I'm going back on my GBA Games and catching one of everything I can, then I'm gonna get it all on BW once I get the opportunity too. And in SS and Platinum I'm working towards a complete pokedex.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Well, for the main story, pretty much. I catch and evolve a few before boxing them away. After the main story, I usually go back and train up a few and breed them. I'm not one to release a Pokémon unless I've been IV Breeding and have too many. I usually don't have more than three of a single Pokémon anyway.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I have all the Mons I caught in boxes labeled by type, and one extra for Unown. I catch them only if I happen to notice I haven't, or I particularly want/love that Pokemon.

There's 720 slots in the Box in Black/White?! That's enough for ALL 649...and more! :D Which is good for all you "catch a zillion and EV them" type people. I don't do that myself that much; I just catch two or three Pokemon tops and then compare stats and choose. EV training is a bit too tedious for me...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I never release any Pokémon unless I have too many of one kind, and that's usually due to breeding. Generally, I'll catch a bunch of Pokémon for the sake of completing my Pokédex and then just leave them sitting in my PC. I hardly use Pokémon from my PC in my party. So basically, they're there for the sake of collecting them. :x

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    When it's my first playthrough of a game, I usually catch a bunch of Pokemon and they sit in my PC. But on restarts, I don't catch any, really, unless I need them as "team fillers" for Gym Battles and such.

The only time I ever really went on a releasing spree was when I started trading over WiFi for EV'd and Shinies etc, so I had to release all of my "regular" Pokemon except for one box. I needed all of that room..

Years
  • I love to have alot of pokemons in my box and seldom release them unless there are too many duplicates of the same pokemon like what happened when I was trying to breed a modest feebas.... I ended up with 18 of them. I just like to catch whatever I encounter that I do not have or have an ability I want to have.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I honestly and truely cant be bothered catching any pokemon unless I want to use it on my team anymore... idk why I'm too lazy to catch everything :/ But in the rare instance I do (i catch all legendaries btw) they rot in the PC XD

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Oh no, I don't do that at all.

In my Platinum I can't, I'm working to have all 493 Pokès in order into boxes, it takes 17 Boxes. The remaining slots of the 17th Box are for Alternate Forms Pokès, like Giratina, Shellos, Gastrodon, Wormadam, and Rotom. I want to have every form.
    In the 18th Box I have all Unown forms, so I have like 8-9 slots to store thing like my team and else.
    I have all the important stuff in my Heart Gold, in which I have all evolved forms ordered in Boxes, it takes 8-9 Boxes, the rest is for Shinies, competitive team ones, trade bait, eggs, and so on.

Back