• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I asked Dipu/Andy if I could make this thread and given it's posted it's likely they didn't hate it, or something. Hopefully it doesn't sound silly.

Anyway, welcome to the new winter solstice/Christmas/Hannukah/New Year's/Kwanzaa/Post-Holidays DCC! Unlike the current weather outside (unless you're an Aussie or live in South America or something), General Chat's Daily Chit-Chat has always aimed at being a warm, friendly place to drop in and post about something (or anything) interesting. Like everything though if we didn't have rules it'd be like before those Greek deities created the titans or something so bear in mind this really short list of guidelines/rules/whathaveyou before jumping into the pool:

1. Check the topic at hand, and unless it's dead or something go with the flow of the current topic. You can reply to a dead topic if you're interested though, but don't go bringing up past conversations or anything.
    2. Be sure to follow PC's main rules. The people upstairs would get really mad if we were anarchists about forumming, so you gotta listen to what they have to say about... things... ahem. Don't take this one lightly.
    3. Until the siege for the 4/25 rule is over, you still have to follow it, no exceptions. Sorry if you have a GIF or something, we'll feel bad for you though. We'd almost sort of probably agree with you on that, most likely. Don't quote us on that.
    4. Just as a reminder, don't be a meanie to others about things. If you disagree with something really strongly put it in Notepad or on a blog, not here.

Soooooo... how were the holidays for everyone? Who got socks from their grandparents? lol

Last edited:
    Years
    My first post in the new DCC!

So uh, we only just got the snacks for the Christmas lunch. My family are always late when it comes to these, but at least I have something better if one hasn't read my latest blog post yet.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    :3

My mother's friend Kris is thinking of getting me a Visa/MasterCard gift card for Christmas, which would accompany the keyboard I'm getting from my mother as well as money for a mouse. And I have my RAM chip as well. \o/

Speaking of which, I'm going to take a break and write some poetry. Those are my gifts.

Years
    omg new dcc hi

Still no Christmas tree.. guess there won't be one in the house this year. D: Though I know mom's just getting us prepaid cards loaded with some money since she has absolutely zero clue on what everyone wants, lol.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I've always liked the idea of having a new DCC a few days before Christmas, as IMO refresting the DCC adds to the newness and novelties of the holidays in general. We wouldn't want an old and crusty DCC to give us the Christmas blues, would we?

It's good for the time of the year, at least I think so.

Sir Codin

You can now choose to have things uncensored now, but don't overdo it.

And for fuck's sake, use your words properly and only when necessary. Just because you can see the word "asshole" now doesn't mean you're allowed to call someone that. The Mods will still slap you with a disrespect to members card, unless on the off-chance that the mods democratically decide that the person you are insulting is indeed an asshole and even then, that's rare.

Yukari

Being able to see all that profanity is going to take some getting used to.

But it's better then seeing Pokemon names instead.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Once everyone gets over this initial wave of "omg I swear now" I can see the use of them dying down tremendously. That being said I'm still pretty happy that we got the censor removed.

I tried to get cottonheadedninnymuggins added to the censor list but I was outvoted ):

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I tried to get cottonheadedninnymuggins added to the censor list but I was outvoted ):
    I just saw that movie for the first time this past week, haha. Not bad but I'm not sure if I'll add it to my normal holiday rotation every year. Had some funny moments though.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I just saw that movie for the first time this past week, haha. Not bad but I'm not sure if I'll add it to my normal holiday rotation every year. Had some funny moments though.

That was the first time you've watched Elf?! Well...I mean better late than never I suppose. I'm quite disappointed in you though for waiting so long to watch it till now tsk tsk.

What was your favorite part?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    first of all I've seen Elf like 600 times at this point.

second of all my band covered a lot of songs 2nite and I recorded them with my shitty iPhone speaker. should I post em

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back