• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Do you still have your cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Every pokemon game I owned except one was passed away to either friends or family, even current ones. I remember having pokemon Blue, I finally defeated the Elite 4 and I felt like the very best. However with the whole glitch madness going on when Missingno was discovered I saved up to buy a gameshark, which would later kill my cartridge. Whenever I started continue or new game the screen would freeze and pokemon cries can be heard randomly, it was like the setting for a creepypasta. I tried deleting all the GS codes but that didn't work, in the end I buried the pokemon blue cartridge in my backyard.

How about you guys? Do you remember what happened to your cartridges? Are they with you no matter what or did you do what I did and gave them away so someone else can enjoy them. Are they lost and you can't remember why or were they stolen?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    I still have Red, but it's corrupted... I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. I want to fix it! Other than that I only have replacements of old games - Yellow, Blue, and Crystal. Also I have Pokemon Stadium, and I have the 'dex completed on Yellow.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I have all my cartridges left, though my first gen cartridges have dead batteries and thus can't save sadly. It was due to a water accident, hence Gen 2 which is more famous for their batteries dying haven't died yet.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to own both Red and Silver. When I moved to a different city, I lost Red. I may have dropped it somewhere when I was moving a box, if I recall correctly. Today, I have Silver. And last time I played it (a loooong time ago), it was in perfectly good condition. I don't have a gameboy today so I can see if the game still works. Right now I'm still keeping it as a collector's item. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have all six, RBY and GSC, and they all still work. Blue is a little wonky though. If it hits something while you're playing, it'll freeze up. But it'll save just fine. I don't play it a lot because of that flaw though. It's a bit annoying.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have them...somewhere. Probably in the storage unit with the rest of my stuff from that long ago, lol. But I never gave them away or threw them away so they have to be SOMEWHERE.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I still have my Leaf Green cartridge although I gave my Fire Red cartridge to a friend of mine for him to play and lent my Crystal cartridge to a guy I know from school to see if he could make it operable again. Right now it's only Leaf Green though.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I still have my Red, Yellow, and Gold cartridges. Some years ago I lost my Red cartridge and ended up finding in my backyard. I when try to play it I found that it the battery was worn out by the weather. :( Both the batttery to my Yellow and Gold dried out and Gold had a glitch where the screen was covered up in black pixels. So I have them, but they don't work.

gracelynn

Blank Flank
    Years
  • I still have my old games tucked away in a tin, but I have no idea what their battery status is. :x

(Perhaps this weekend, I might get bored enough to put some batteries in my game boy and find out. :3 )

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I've been keeping all my games since I own a Gameboy.
    So I have Pokémon Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, and Leaf Green.
    Unfortunately, among them, my Silver's internal battery died 2 years ago, but I keep the cartridge nevertheless, it reminds me so many memories.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I have all six...somewhere. Each has it's own spot in the house. All but my Yellow version's internal battery is dead. :'D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I still have all of them. Most significant of which is my first Pokémon Blue that I received for my fourth(?) birthday with my original save file. Oddly enough the battery hasn't yet run dry on my Blue yet my Gold cartridge's battery died years ago.

I'm hoping I can backup my Blue save file and keep it forever seeing as though I've had it for most of my life.

I lost my Sapphire cartridge years ago but I still have both of my Rubies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Guys, I want to remind you that this thread (and this forum) is for RBY and GSC, not RSE and later games. It's a bigger deal if you have the older games anyway, so yeah. Please post about the correct games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    I still have all of mine (YRB/GSC), Blue was my first after I bought my Gameboy color in 1999.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I used to have Red, Silver, and Crystal. Unfortunately Silver wouldn't save, so I threw it away. I'm surprised Red still saves!

Ss4gogeta0

Game Designer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have my pokemon Blue right here (With the logo taken off... dunno why I used to do that..) and My GBC and Pokemon Gold are missing in this house... I havn't seen em since December i think...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back