• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

• Yes

Votes: 119 62.3%
  • Yes, but only because I don't have good Pokémon

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • No, I gave it away

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 29.8%

• Total voters

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    yup i keep it in my team as a reminder as
    all the good time i and my pokemon had
    i only wish there was a way to move my
    lv100 venusaw from pokemon blue version to my
    ds pokemon pearl

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    I picked Turtwig, raised him to about level 70 Torterra.

then Ditched him for Blastoise from my leaf green. (pal park)

after i got all the pokemon i wanted from my leaf green, i reset the game a couple times to get charmander and bulbasaur too.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    I usually keep my starter, and have in all previous games, but I did not this time. I just didn't like any of the starters or what they evolve into, and I only use Pokemon I like, regardless of how good another's stats may be. So, once I got my second Pokemon, the starter went into the PC.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    I did for a long time, but then decided there were better pokemon. I would never get rid of it though, I keep it as a support pokemon in case I need it.

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    I only use my starter when I'm not on WiFi. Infernape rocks, but still wouldn't use on WiFi.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I'm keeping it until I finish the game,I mean sure there's better Pokemon than Torterra,but it was my Starter and all.
    [Aha I got attached] I might not compete it in the Battle Frontier though since it's not fully Ev trained. D:

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    My Lv. 64 Infernape....:) (Haven't played much Diamond & Pearl lately xD)...Ahhh....There is NO reason for me to take him away. Of all the pokemon that were part of my original party after I beat the Elite Four, 3 remain (Infernape, Floatzel & Luxray)...the other are imported and Legendary.

Seriously, I feel its a crime to put your Starter in a box and switch it for some Legendary pokemon or some super powerful pokemon you got through a trade. D:

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I switch it out from time to time, but I've used it in all the gym battles, the E4, and most of my Battle Frontier challenges. MixApe just owns.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I always have my starter the strongest (and in my team, DUH) until after E4, then I level up the others ahead of it. For example, in Diamond, I just use my lv100 Torterra occasionally, my power-house is an EV-trained, multi-type mover lv 100 Mewtwo (sorry, couldn't resist ^^)

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I always keep my starter :3
    hes not always my strongest pokemon (in terms of level, and over all strength) but i always keep him on my team

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
    Years
    i do still have my infernape in my party but i only use him if i really need too cuz i found a liking to my electivire and lucario

Back