• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Do you still play your R/B/G/Y games?

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    I was thinking of playing another pokemon game and then I thought about playing one of the color generation games. But then I figured they are to old

So does anyone still play their really old pokemon games?

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    I do. :]

I still have all my Pokemon cartridges -- red, yellow, silver, and gold. Oh, and Pokemon Pinball, too. xD

Haven't played them very recently, but I did spend a lot of time on Gold this summer. It's still fun to play those old games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2009
    WHO DOESNT !!!! haha im playing blue right now i just started it i got a charmeleon and butterfree x[)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    Haha, yep. I still do considering they are still the only versions I have -_- lol. I stopped playing for a while and got back into it by starting a new game on my red. I've lost my blue and yellow cartridges though...

And for all those who laugh at the old versions, don't worry, I've got Fire Red on the way hahaha.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Im playing my Red right now
    Right now Im in saffron
    Red brings back alot of memories.....
    REd is definetly my favorite game and if you havent played it in more than two year try it! :D

Aikoh

go go rudolph rangers
    Years
    I still have my Yellow and Crystal cartridges and recently picked up Pokémon Blue in order to finish my Yellow Pokédex. But, unfortunately, I lost my Red and Silver cartridges a long time ago. :| I'm most upset about having lost my Red since it was actually a birthday gift from my cousin.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've been playing my Blue. I beat Stadium just recently with Smogon RGBY Movesets. They work quite well :D

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I haven't played them in AGES! My original Yellow had its data corrupted and my sister has had problems with Silver.

I ought to go back to them again, and I mean actually start a new game on one of them and go through the whole adventure again. <sob>

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yep, I love playing those classic games, I like them more than the advance generations of now.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I think find it weird seeing some of the younger members here talking about playing Red and Blue versions because I was just 8 y.o when they came out!

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    The only old pokemon games i got are Blue, Yellow and Crystal. I lost Gold and my game boy color on a holiday years ago :disappoin.

Back