• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still tip?

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    ~Every tipping discussion ever~

US people: I always tip because wait staff live on tips so you are a literal monster if you don't tip.

Rest of the world: Wait staff get paid like any other regular worker ever so I only tip if the service was excellent or maybe I round up the price and leave a few spare cents.

Now look at your location and choose your line to c/p!

Wrong: Add Canada to US. :P

I tip in the bar regardless of country because bartenders fucking remember and treat you nice if you tip.

Years
    I usually tip whenever I get excellent service, and if a tip jar is provided. The other week I tipped the staff at a boba tea place for their service, which I have enjoyed the few times I've ordered a drink.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    for me it's pretty much like Went said. service workers get a decent pay here, so it's not necessary for them to receive tips just to make it to the end of the month. still, i often round up the price to the nearest multiply of 5, or a bit above if it would turn out to be stingy otherwise. still, my people is known to be stingy (。 >艸<) which is probably why i think that a 20% tip is so much

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Absolutely. I live in the U.S. where service workers get completely shafted with their hourly pay so I feel tips are necessary - even if the service is just like, average. I have not given tips if someone was downright nasty though, and I do tip more than my usual 20% if someone is very polite/helpful/friendly, etc.

Yukari

I remember collegehumor made a video about tipping.

I live in America and here tipping is basically an obligation so...

Well, usually my parents pay the tip. And they pay for the meal. So there's that.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It depends on whether if I have enough change with me or not at the time. If I do, I'll be sure to give a bit of tip (otherwise, I'd slightly feel as if I were being impolite, haha), but if I don't, I won't. Sometimes, it also depends on how I'm being treated.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'm trying to get better about not tipping if the service is bad. I hate feeling like I'm obligated to and I always seem to leave one, but I think I need to start refusing to leave a tip if the service was bad as it often can be. Sucks for them, but I shouldn't have to pay extra for their bad behavior.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    I tip regardless of service. If it's bad I will give a lesser tip. If it's good I give a better one. But alot of times the people live off tips so I think it's rude to not tip. Although I heard in some countries it's considered rude to tip. crazy right?

Years
    I have like never tipped when I was eating out and probably won't ever do. Especially after all the weird stories I have heard about what happens when you tip.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I have like never tipped when I was eating out and probably won't ever do. Especially after all the weird stories I have heard about what happens when you tip.

Wait what? Weird stories? What happens when you tip, other than the waiter takes the money and thanks you? Now I'm truly puzzled o_o Could you share?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    We do tip when we go abroad, because of the great service and other things we had. Back home, in different places, we haven't.

Back