• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you stop and listen to the game music?

Do you stop and listen to the game music?

• Total voters

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • Yes. All the time.
    I really like the Blackbelt/Guitarist encounter music from Ruby?Sapphire/Emerald alot for whatever reason. So whenever I run into one, I sit there for a few minutes before starting the battle.

And the one from DPPT too

Black and White has some of the best music so I'm always wasting hours on youtube listening to the music. Ruby and Sapphire's music too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I once did. But now I just rely on youtube and its OST videos. It's quite a waste of time if I stop in-game and listen to the music.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    I actually do! Whenever I'm up against a legendary Pokemon, I take the time to listen to the awesome battle music. The city and town music I don't really pay much attention to, however. D:

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I turn my 3DS sound off whenever I play a game on the 3DS.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Oh yes, definitely ;; It's happened so many times, too XD;

Like, for example, in Platinum in the Torn/Distortion World. I really do wish you had more to do down there 'cause then I could listen to it much longer ;; And then a lot of the tracks in BW/BW2 are really lovely~ (Burgh's and Clay's gym music in BW2 are so hnnnnnnnnngh worthy <333 Marlon's is nice, too~ OH and Route 10 in BW and Route...Idk whatever's immediately after Floccesy Town are certainly awesome.) Ecruteak's music and Ho-oh's battle theme are really lovely, too. Ffffffff there are just so many ><; If I named all of them and why I liked them this would be one gigantic tl;dr.

Years
  • I've done it on a couple of occassions. Back on Fire Red, I would sometimes just turn off the backlight on my SP to listen to the Pallet Town or Route 1 music. In Heart Gold, I absolutely loved the update to the Game Corner music, and really the only reason I would play Voltorb Flip for any period of time was because of the music. I also loved that we could use the GB Sounds, so sometimes I would go to the Ruins of Alph and turn it on just to listen.

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
    Years
  • Haha, of course I did! I always loved New Bark Town's music, Pokémon Gym's music and Victory Road's music in Pokémon Gold... I loved the Poké Mart music and Petalburg City music in Ruby too!

And Vermillion City... God, I miss that one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No; I download the soundtrack to do that.
    That said, I didn't gain an appreciation for the B/W battle themes until hearing them in-game.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Mostly I play with my console muted, so not really. I do have sound on sometimes, and I enjoy the music, but I don't really pay too much attention to it.

Back