• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you support yourself?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Right now my parents are supporting me. I am 20, and feel like its okay. I have no job right now because school takes up all my time. I am also going to need help for when I actually go to a new college, I can't do it myself with the way things are.

When I have a job, I support myself. I had a job when I was 18 and 19 and did it. I even had an apartment for a year. Im back home now and I can honestly say im fine with it. My parents have told me they are fine with it also.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm still living at home (though not for much longer) and I guess technically my parents still support me. I pay board, but they still buy all the food and everything else. I'm 22, and I feel like that's OK for two reasons:

1) It's not going to last for much longer
2) The average age for moving out of home in Australia is 24, so I still have two more years before I'm a bludger.

My sister is 25 and she is still living at home with no plans to change it. She should be worried.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I think it's a little strange how our culture regards moving from home; and all the joys that come with it... financial burdens combined with the time swallowing list of chores required to maintain a home...
Meanwhile elsewhere in the world, people are encouraged to stay with their family for much longer.

I don't think it's shameful to still be at home regardless of your age. If you provide some sort of contribution to the household, whether it's financial or doing chores, then there's no real reason to feel bad about it.

I work full time and rent my own place, but I'd much rather be at home.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I'm too young and I am still going to school, so of course, my parents support me. Well, in my country, you don't get your own house until your either married or 35. (according to that law) So most of the adults still stay in their parents home but probably either earn money to support themselves or the whole family, if the parents are old and unable to work.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Parents still support me, but I'm also working part-time while in school to help myself out as well.

Back