• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you talk to yourself?

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
  • Literally every second. I have conversations with myself. I think I may be insane, I usually do it to boost my self esteem by telling myself how beautiful and amazing I am. In my opinion there isn't anything wrong with talking to yourself. I'm sure most people do, some more than others.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I talk to myself at work so I look crazy and people don't ask me where things are.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In my mind yes, but never out loud - that's only when I find it weird. I couldn't ever go into a whole conversation with myself though. I sing to myself sometimes. ;.;

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • As a little kid, I used to A LOT. My teacher even called me out on it at one point. Nowadays, not so much, although if I'm a little frazzled by something, you might hear me mutter to myself nonstop.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I do whenever I am debating whether or not to do something. That's about it though.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Yes, though not as much as I used to. I mostly try to keep it in my head, but now and then I start muttering to myself. The amusing thing is that I never realised that I spoke to myself out loud until someone pointed it out to me...

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Not often, but when I do it's usually during a tennis match and I'm trying to calm myself down.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • I continuously do. Sometimes I am just thinking out loud, other times, I get into massive rants about something and I have to verbalise every bit of thought about a subject I happen to find utterly ridiculous enough to begin a rant about it with myself.

Sometimes, in the middle of said rant, I just imagine I am talking to somebody else so I won't feel like I am turning into a schizophrenic, but I guess that only makes it worse.

I also seem to have a habit of saying everything I read or write out loud.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • Quite a lot, I either voice my thoughts or say hypothetical conversations that are happening in my brain to the air. I scold myself for doing stupid things too. Generally, only when I'm alone, but sometimes I forget myself in public.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Ahahahah.. I do at my job. My co-workers probably think I'm insane. I talk to myself, and sometimes I tend to change my voice, or a do a sing-song type thing when I do it. Then again, I do the same when joking around with coworkers, so they might not think anything of it. The customers might, though.

At home, I'm insanely quiet because I have no reason to speak or entertain anyone, and talk to myself on rare occasions. Or maybe when my mood is entirely awesome, and I just talk to be talking. xD

Back