• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash still carries Pikachu's Pokeball?

Do you think he still carries Pikachu's Pokeball around?

• Yes

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • He threw it away

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Im sure Ash has it in his backpack in case of an emergency
    thats wat i would do :4:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    If he didn't have it with him, it'd be similar to him being able to visit one of his Pokemon at the Lab whilst having a team of Six.

But seeing as he can only have six Pokemon with him, one of which is Pikachu, he must have the Pokeball in his bag, or on his belt.
    It's with him somewhere anyway.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
    Yeah, he probably has it. He's tried to return Pika in a number of episodes (previously mentioned) and probably keeps it in case a similar need arises.

But I wouldn't be suprised if they're falling off a cliff or something like that and goes to return Pika for saftey, and after searching his belt/bag, exlaims, "Oh, no! I lost your pokeball, Pikachu!" *they'd still survive the fall anyway cough cough*

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    I think he still has it. If he didn't keep it with him, who knows what could happen to it? Besides, does anyone remember that episode with that old Ninetales whose Pokeball broke? I think it was Brock who said that Ninetales was free after the ball broke. (There might have been more episodes with a broken Pokeball reference but I can't really recall at the moment.) That said, if Ash just ditched it somewhere, like throwing it in a lake or something stupid like that, Pikachu could technically become a wild Pokemon again. (Not that he would, since he's a loyal Pokemon and partner.) But if Ash did ditch the ball and it somehow broke, anyone could technically throw a Pokeball at Pikachu and possibly capture him for themselves. That would include Team Rocket, or even Dawn or Brock if their Pokeball slipped out of their hand or something. (Similarly to how Misty caught her Psyduck against her will - the ball fell out of her bag, if I properly recall.)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well you can only have six pokemon on you at once, including their pokeballs, so I'm sure he still has pikachu's. If he didn't then maybe he'd have another pokeball with another pokemon inside of it. He probably keeps it as an antique.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Even if the law doesn't require it, he should still have it in case someone tries to claim Pikachu counts as an active Pokémon when outside its Poké Ball.

As a side note, was Togepi/Togetic ever really Misty's? It was never shown to be captured.

Years
    I know he has it.

Pikachu has been severely injured before, or he's been in danger, so he's HAD to call back his Pokemon.

.... *hopes this isn't faulty memory*

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think he has to... I mean like... how will the pokedex or whatever know he has over 6 on his team, so if he doesn't he could get away with 7 pokemon XD

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
    Isn't he required to have it? Even if he isn't, it'd be pretty stupid to get rid of it considering how often they get into danger (even though Pikachu wouldn't go into it anyway, heh).

Colorado Avalanche

Beast Battler.
    Years
    I'm pretty sure he threw it out.
    There's no need for it so why waste space in your bag.

Pikachu isn't even that strong. Everytime he goes into a new region it doesn't seem like Pikachu gets stronger.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Yeah I think he still has it. I think legally he HAS to have it. If he didn't then he only has 5 registered Pokemon with him which means he could catch another one and keep it with him.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Also, it's a cool looking Pokeball. I'd keep it. :P

It's a little MacGuffin the writers can use to whatever end they see fit, often seemingly to waste time if anything. Ash, like many fictional characters, has a hyperspace backpack for retention of such ass-pull items.

Since in Pokemon Red I've apparently got two fishing rods, five Pokeballs, a flute, a map, two bottles of water and a freakin' BIKE in my backpack (and I'm TEN?), I wouldn't be surprised if Ash stored his whole family in there, let alone the PikaBall. O_o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    The snow way out backs up the possibility of him having it.
    Besides, they have unlimited space in their backpacks, so it's not like it's a space issue.

The whole 'system recognizing ownership is either flawed in the anime, or more likely overlooked, because he seemingly gave away the Beedrill to Casey without any problem.

In my opinion, he surely has it still, and will have it, specially as a keepsake maybe.
    He did keep the Thunderstone with him from way back then, so why not this?

Back