• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think cheating is a good way to get most fun out of the game?

Do you think cheating is write?

• yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • i want nothing to do with it

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
  • As long as the Pokemon I use remain legit, I don't mind minor ARing, such as getting items.

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
  • I don't think it's a bad thing as long as they keep it in their own game and don't use cheats or hacks against other people, like in wifi battles.
    If there are things that can be done in the game, and people want to do them, then I don't see the harm in it.

Years
  • I only would use a AR to get the events cause in my opinion i dont want to spend money to fly to japan just to get a Darkrai when i can sped 20£ here and keep getting the same one for free same with Arcues,Shaymin etc however it is stupid to cheat with things like

Complete pokedex
    Infite Health
    etc those are stupid but i use AR for fun like Walk threw walls! :D that code pwns

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • The bottom line is the Pokémon games aren't supposed to be played this way, and it offers people an unfair advantage in online games against others who don't decide to pay $40 for either Game Shark or Action Replay devices. It not only spoils the fun, but it also hurts Nintendo, as cheating goes against their own marketing strategy. So no, I don't think it's 'write'. :x

Last edited:

dtex9002

Once-Retired Trainer
    Years
  • Nothing really beats the satisfaction one gets from earning something. Cheating robs you of that feeling.

Though. personally, I'm fine with duping items (since many are only obtainable once) in Emerald and sometimes pokemon.

Ichida

Years
  • So, Shirosaki, you'd be willing to spend hundreds of dollars to fly to New York to attend an event full of immature children, all for a chance to obtain the event items? Can you honestly say you wouldn't rather AR the event? Both results are the same.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Cheating threads are always interesting. The point is (Ichida) that everyone has an opinion, each as valid as the next. Trying to impress your opinion on someone else is fine, but in the end it's their choice. Maybe they would rather fly to New York to get something themselves, to be sure it's legit. As long as you aren't being mean about it, you can have your opinion.

Me? I prefer legit (Which is why I don't have 491-493).

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • I agree with there being nothing wrong with your own personal decision to cheat, as long as you keep tainted Pokémon away from other people.

I personally wouldn't cheat, as my ethics prevents me from such an act, and my resulting guilt would make me reset the game. XD And as far as events go, I don't really see it necessary to get such Pokémon. Aside from completing the Pokédex, they don't serve much of a purpose. And with Wi-Fi trading now possible, once the event actually happens, it wouldn't necessarily be impossible to get your hands on one (albeit any "legit" ones you happen to get may be cloned, but that's a different issue). And yea, I don't have Darkrai, Shaymin, or Arceus in my Pokédex either.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • So, Shirosaki, you'd be willing to spend hundreds of dollars to fly to New York to attend an event full of immature children, all for a chance to obtain the event items? Can you honestly say you wouldn't rather AR the event? Both results are the same.

I could care less of events. So my response to you is, the situation would seem different in this case, however, I can understand if people are willing to hack events, as not everyone can fly to the moon and recieve them. Besides, the method in obtaining them legitimately does sound unfair. If people are to use AR in hacking events, the least they could do is not put them up for trade, because once that happens, then that's when people have a problem. Some people would rather think that whether you obtain something legitimately or not, it is still accepted in trades, others don't. As long as you keep hacked pokémon to yourself, then it's fine. So, dare I say it's the liars that are the real issue here?

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • The only reason I cheat is when I get stuck on something. All I really do is activate the WTW code and legendary Pokemon code. Well... maybe some item duping codes too. After all, who wants to spend $600+ on an airline ticket just to spend 15 minutes getting a legendary event Pokemon?

Years
  • I think it's pretty unfair to describe people who use AR as "hackers"

It's a cheat cartridge and it's not illegal to purchase one

Hacking is normally associated with people illegally obtaining certain things. AR is not illegal

Do i agree with cheating? No, but sometimes it's not possible for people to complete these games fully without them

What if someone has the game and they don't own a version of Pokemon FireRed or Sapphire? Or are not on the Internet? How do they complete the game?

I think that needs to be taken into consideration....

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years

It's a cheat cartridge and it's not illegal to purchase one

Hacking is normally associated with people illegally obtaining certain things. AR is not illegal

Do i agree with cheating? No, but sometimes it's not possible for people to complete these games fully without them

What if someone has the game and they don't own a version of Pokemon FireRed or Sapphire? Or are not on the Internet? How do they complete the game?

I think that needs to be taken into consideration....

That all seems like personal issues that deal with one's own game, and as long as you cheat to get benefits that don't affect others, it is generally acceptable. The problem is the children/n00bs who do such things and decide to trade with other people who don't know about how they cheated to get it. Once another person and his/her ethics gets involved, you have to respect them. Otherwise, get blacklisted like all the others.

Besides, I don't really see why completing the Pokédex is "completing the game fully". A game like this isn't meant to be completed fully. If anything, the game is beat once you beat the Pokémon League the first time. Anything you do afterwards is extra fun that is meant to extend the life of your playing experience indefinitely.

I wouldn't say you can ever complete the game fully unless you have become that "Pokémon Master" the anime keeps talking about. And since that not only involves collecting, but a long, extensive, successful history of battling, you'll still have to work to get to such a level. Isn't it great that Pokémon is so open-ended anyway?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I agree with that. Dun be hatin and stereotypin. Watch out for scammers, not hackers people. There's a difference. Plenty of hackers help out to differ between legit and illegit pokemon by hacking into the games and reading the codes or just being a crazy traitor and sharing the secrets to help people know what to look for so they don't get scammed so easily aha hit me.

I agree with there being nothing wrong with your own personal decision to cheat, as long as you keep tainted Pokémon away from other people.

Agree again. I despise it when someone passes off a hack as a legit and is thus scamming, which is like against the law and that's not cool, d00ds... If you're doing it for fun or whatever, good for ye. Keep them away from others and you'll live a day longer. ;3

So, Shirosaki, you'd be willing to spend hundreds of dollars to fly to New York to attend an event full of immature children, all for a chance to obtain the event items? Can you honestly say you wouldn't rather AR the event? Both results are the same.

I'm willing to pay for plane tickets. :/ It gets me out of the house. Yush. And that's for the true pokemon fanatics eee.

Uhh it's not "right" but you should not have to put that much effort into a video game... And having fun is different for everyone. Some like hacking and some don't. Who cares? It's when a a hacked pokemon is traded for non hacked pokemon and that massively blows my fuses. AR is good for anything, hack that event or money or level 100 shiny Charizard. It's your game and your life. If you want to play with others, better refine yourself quickly and keep the child's play in your box and play with real pokemon. Otherwise, you're just a loser then. D:

So all in all, I don't care about cheating in pokemon. Just don't scam. Yayz. |D

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
  • what do u guys think of cheating

I think Cheating spoils fun, you should always have fun in your life. Cheating just makes people think they can win everyone with their pokemon until someone spots them using hacked pokemon, and find theirselves as sore losers.

Malik

私はPokemonの神であ る
    Years
  • I hate cheating. Mostly because it ruins the fun of PLAYING the game. the only reason chating would be "accepted" by me is if you have caught (or traded) and have all the pokemon in the game, and have your master pokemon. Then and ONLY then chating is accepted because it would/could add more game time.

I don't agree with hacking.:cross-eye

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • O_O; I truly, truly, truly pity you.

I dun need your pity. 8D

Hmm... Sit in a house all day IV breeding and EV training just so I can still get my rear kicked on wifi? Nah, hack some and do what I want to do with my favorites and do things my own way and hit every event I can and play with people who simply just love Pokemon for Pokemon? Yush that's my way of fun~ Maybe I enjoy being surrounded by a sea of children a decade younger than me? Dun wanna be near serious killjoys. D:

Ichida

Years
  • It's a PORTABLE system, you know. I did half my training while on the bus.

Back