• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think cheating is a good way to get most fun out of the game?

Do you think cheating is write?

• yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • i want nothing to do with it

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • It's a PORTABLE system, you know. I did half my training while on the bus.

Yeah, and that's how I got super poor vision from the small Gameboy color screen. Gotta go on Gamecube usually and breed in Emerald and still, I lose every now and then. While it was an improvement, it's impossible to be the strongest so I'm wasting my time trying. So outside or talk to a friend or homework time.

So what do I do on the bus? Sleep since I only get a few hours of rest or do homework. Poo on training. Education gets me farther than having 94 wins in a video game, no offense. I should not have posted at all in the first place since I've seen you in action. *flees*

Malik

私はPokemonの神であ る
    Years
  • I agree with TwilightBlade the GBA Color was small, and so is the SP. The DS has two screens, which is good, but still quite small. I have to wear my glasses to play... and I look like a total nerd... (Cries) ;(

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • And thus, God created a wondrous thing. It was called the DSlite, with its four light settings and clearly-defined screen. And the gamers saw that it was good.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I agree with TwilightBlade the GBA Color was small, and so is the SP. The DS has two screens, which is good, but still quite small. I have to wear my glasses to play... and I look like a total nerd... (Cries) ;(
    Naw man, glasses are awesome. And nerds, we tight.
    Ichida, Twilight, you're agreeing with each other. Stop arguing.

Malik

私はPokemonの神であ る
    Years
  • glasses are awesome. And nerds, we tight.

Yeah, thats what my friends say... but THEY are nerds TOO!!! but who cares. and yes i need to get a DS Lite, but i bought my DS too soon and i have the old version.. AND its the regular silver/grey color. but i don't mind it serves its purpose, and glasses arn't that bad.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Even though I don't like cheating, you must be pretty stupid to spend a few hundred dollars on a couple of pixels.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Cheating/Hacking is fine with me unless every game and everything you do has to do with cheating...

Years
  • The only cheating I'm okay with is event legendaries. Which I never use anyway, I just like to have them. I just don't see anything wrong with cheating for something you need to travel across the country to get.

Curse you Nintendo and you events!

J_zero

EVs, Rarities, Shinies :D
    Years
  • Most ppl here say its not a good way to get fun with your game but thts probably cause they never tried it , when you cheat you get tht feeling of power , the feeling tht you can accomplish anything, and i know almost evryone wants tht "Feeling" they just dont show it here in the forum cause they want to look good ;) its ok i used to do tht but now i still dont cheat and get tht desire too :)

Togefan

Toge Master ^_^
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2012
    I only use cheats 2 explore and 2 catch my friends ledgendaries (i dont use the ledgendaries on wi-fi tho only if me and one of my friends want a all hacked battle XP)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I don't use any cheats. I don't agree with them at all. The ruin the enjoyment you get from the game and take away the value of some Pokemon.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • i hack the games myself but i've come to think that the pokemon ust become too unfair, so all i do now is give them max ev/iv and heal order so i don't need to use potions and crap, is that so bad(this is a question asking, like am i doing a bad thing, im not being all snobbish and crap)

x_x Yea, that is kinda very bad. I mean, if you are maxing out the EVs and IVs for yourself, that's fine enough. But if you battle other people with or trade those Pokémon, you aren't going to make a lot of friends here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2007
    I think cheating is horrible and it clearly destroys a lot of the point of the game for the rest of us. I came on this website in hope that id find people to make trades with in a reasonable manner, and it turns out everyone here clones their pokemon before trading them. Is this cheating? obviously. Just because it is in the game and you dont need a second device to do it doesnt mean it isnt cheating. cloning items and characters is just as bad as AR hacking. I have no purpose in trading with people here because whatever it is that im offering to them, they have an infinate supply of, and I dont.

Its too bad, because half the reason i was excited about this game was the online play. Online battle mode seemed like fun, as did the GTS. Too bad the GTS is clogged with a bunch of clone hackers and the battle center is full of AR hackers. I still enjoy this game, but it becomes clearer and clearer to me that the 30 bucks i spent on a nintendo wifi connection was flushed down the toilet because people are too immature to actually be willing to lose anything they have in order to gain something.

What is the point of trading with people if neither person loses anything? Theoretically you just catch 600 bidoofs (with your 600 cloned master balls), trade them all to your friend who has all the event pokemon, and, there you go. Want to EV train your shiny mew but you still want one to keep untouched? why not just clone him? god forbid someone makes a decision.

Years
  • I think cheating is horrible and it clearly destroys a lot of the point of the game for the rest of us. I came on this website in hope that id find people to make trades with in a reasonable manner, and it turns out everyone here clones their pokemon before trading them. Is this cheating? obviously. Just because it is in the game and you dont need a second device to do it doesnt mean it isnt cheating. cloning items and characters is just as bad as AR hacking. I have no purpose in trading with people here because whatever it is that im offering to them, they have an infinate supply of, and I dont.

Its too bad, because half the reason i was excited about this game was the online play. Online battle mode seemed like fun, as did the GTS. Too bad the GTS is clogged with a bunch of clone hackers and the battle center is full of AR hackers. I still enjoy this game, but it becomes clearer and clearer to me that the 30 bucks i spent on a nintendo wifi connection was flushed down the toilet because people are too immature to actually be willing to lose anything they have in order to gain something.

What is the point of trading with people if neither person loses anything? Theoretically you just catch 600 bidoofs (with your 600 cloned master balls), trade them all to your friend who has all the event pokemon, and, there you go. Want to EV train your shiny mew but you still want one to keep untouched? why not just clone him? god forbid someone makes a decision.

It's really unfair to say that everyone is like that don't you think?

There are some of us who play the game fairly and properly, just because you've had bad experiences doesn't mean you should tarnish us all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    I only use AR if I really need that Pokemon. Such as getting Dialga. I never used AR to make my team anyway.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • cloning talk

I totally agree with you. XD But at the same time, it is an inevitability that people will resort to the "safer" way of dealing with people. With arguments that this is "just a game", and problems with several scammers, people will always take comfort in having a backup plan. It's a shame, but not everyone seems to be able to see how badly cloning ruins the concept of the trade.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't trade with people who I know clone their Pokémon. The best we can hope to do is only trade Pokémon we see as worth trading for a copied version of what you want. I myself never trade shinies and legendaries I catch myself, and only trade legit stuff off the GTS, or breedables. Then when you have the copied Pokémon in your possession, treat it as if it were one of your own. Although the OT, IVs, and other such info are the same as every other clone of it, you can still raise it to be better than all the rest. ^^;

Edit: And I'd like to add that my competitive team is bred by yours truly, and I don't use any other people's Pokémon to battle. Trading to me is just for the sake of collecting, and it's more rewarding for me to actually use Pokémon I raised myself.

Last edited:
    Back