• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Digimon is a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenstorture

Banned
Years
  • jhgghyu said:
    Digimon is suspiciously like Pokemon because....
    1. They both end in "mon".
    2. Digimon are partners in battle, too much like Pokemon.

Wow, you are ignorant and immature. Wow, I just noticed that you are 10. That explains a lot.
    What you can't seem to get through your head is that DIGIMON CAME BEFORE POKEMON! Therefore, according to your logic, Pokemon is a rip off of Digimon, no?

They are both completely different, I don't care what you say, they are different. Neither is a rip off of either, so don't continue to say so, even though I can almost bet money that your next post is going to be saying something about how Digimon is a rip off of Pokemon, but hey, I tried...

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • Not an idea.Digimon did come out first in Japan.Pokemon came out later in Japan and
    was still more successful.Because of this,America requested Pokemon,and that is how
    it got in America first.Digimon came out later in America.

panjichan

Starving Artist
    Years
  • I don't believe Digimon is a rip off of Pokemon at all. Talking show wise, Season 1 and 2 were more of 'kids have pet digimon...digimon evolve and kick bad buy butt' I suppose you could sort of relate this to pokemon, but the big difference is that Digimon actually interact with things a lot more than Pokemon, and they're not caught and stuffed into little balls.

But when you get to Season 3, Digimon Frontier, you see a big change. No longer do the kids get Digimon friends to help save the DigiWorld, they find the Legendary Digi Spirits and evolve with them, to form human/digimon forms, etc. As for Season 4, Digimon Tamers, it sort of goes back to what 1 and 2 was, the 'Tamers' have Digimon companions, that use their Digivices to use attacks. I dont know anything of the new Digimon season, so I can't really comment on that.

Just to say that Digimon is a rip off of Pokemon is kind of harsh, you should really look into the series before planting a bold statement like that across it. From a far look, you might think that it's the same old Pokemon ploy, catch a monster, use them to fight..but really they befriend Digital monsters, and use them to fight (and Digimon do say more than just their names) In the end, both series are really entertaining, it's just that Pokemon survived better over here and the games are more successful, I even dont enjoy Digimon games, just the show itself.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Pocket Monsters and Digimon = Two different things.

Digimon came first as a digital pet.
    Pocket Monsters came as an RPG video game.

Digimon and Pok?mon are BOTH shortened names of their original names (Digital Monsters and Pocket Monsters). Both types of monsters are completely different and have different methods of battling.

The plots for the anime and games are COMPLETELY different.

The entire concepts are DIFFERENT.

Christ. Just because it has the word "mon" in it doesn't make it a rip off. By that logic, I suppose Pocket Monsters is a rip off of Monsters in my Pocket because of the words "Pocket" and "Monsters."

You fail.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I hate threads likethese --

Anyways, Digimon like ETR said came before Pokemon. But from what I know they were both derived from the Digital Pet idea of some third company that didn't quite make it. Or it could be that the people behind Digimon were the same behind the Tamas, but I don't remember really.

Both are two different show and neither is a rip off of eatch other, they just both happened to become TV shows later on..

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Tamas= Tamagochi, just short way of saying it. Which is technically what both came from, the idea of raising a monster for various reasons...Which is basically the root idea of both Pokemon and Digimon

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Just because you don't like the show,no need to start flaming and make others feel bad. Plus,everyone has their own opinion.

My opinion,I like Digimon. I use to not like it because I was stupid to listen to everyone else say it's just a 'copy' of Pokemon and stuff,but once I watched it,its actually an interesting show.

Ninja Retsu

P u r e
    Years
  • jhgghyu said:
    What do you think Digimon is?
    A) A cheap rip-off of Pokemon
    B) A fun TV show
    C) Somewhere in between
    D) What's Digimon?
    E) Based on Pokemon but not quite a rip-off
    F) It has nothing to do with Pokemon!
    G) TOTAL RIP-OFF!!! *alarm bell*
    H) Not based on Pokemon but not a very good TV show...
    I) A great and wonderful TV show. Pokemon is the one who's the rip-off.
    I vote for B. I am not a Digimon big fan ,but it is really fun.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    jhgghyu said:
    What do you think Digimon is?
    A) A cheap rip-off of Pokemon
    B) A fun TV show
    C) Somewhere in between
    D) What's Digimon?
    E) Based on Pokemon but not quite a rip-off
    F) It has nothing to do with Pokemon!
    G) TOTAL RIP-OFF!!! *alarm bell*
    H) Not based on Pokemon but not a very good TV show...
    I) A great and wonderful TV show. Pokemon is the one who's the rip-off.
    I would go for B... It's a good show...

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • All you idiots saying Digimon is a ripoff Pok?mon. IT'S NOT! Digimon never copied. Their 2 different concepts, it's like Superman V Power Rangers, Their both technically superheros, but it's a different concept, Digimon and Pok?mon are both monsters BUT THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! Sure, they do have lots of things in Common, like a Digivice With pok?dex, Digimon with Pok?mon, Tai with Ash, and that stuff.

BUt look, Digimon is some bunch of Kids saving the world, Pok?mon is a road guided by Gym Leaders and stuff. How on Earth is it a Ripoff?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    hai hai so basically Digimon came first...Case Closed...turning out to be more of a Digimon vs. Pokemon thing IMEyes...and moved here while i was taking an early sleeping day...evil XD...
    anywho, enough restating
    1. digimon came first
    2. whatever is a rip-off of whatever
    3. they're different ideas
    ...digi apologizes for wasting your time XD

*Closes door, locks it with a treasure key, grinds the key with a rolling pin, cooks it, serves it on a platter with rice, and opens a tiny hole so you can still see the thread XD*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back