• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Festival Plaza is missing the most important feature?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Chat to people~

Most realistically, it'd be with typing.

It was a great idea to give people the ability to Trade, battle, do missions together and exchange shops, but to encourage making friends, don't you think they lack the most essential and final defining function to do so?

Also, do you think it'd be a good idea to allow players to shop at other friend's festival plaza? I used to think you could, but learned you can't.

Years
  • As Gladion said, chatting wouldn't work due to parental concerns and exposure to bad language. Game Freak usually care too much about the target audience so they like to play things safe.

Years
  • I think it's alright as it is Adding the feature to chat would just allow Immature players to express themself by swearing and saying other nasty words.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    They already censor various words, as you can't nickname Pokemon a number of swear words and the like. So I don't see why they couldn't do the same for in-game text communication between players. Would be pretty helpful in some cases I would think to have the ability for players to communicate remotely properly with each other.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The biggest problem that I see is that any chat services would require Nintendo to act as the "moderator" in case some dickwad finds some creative way around whatever censors Nintendo put in place, and they don't want to deal with the flood of reports of abusive behaviour, so why not just remove the ability altogether?

Like, normally this would be a move I'm against, but in this case it's very easy to see why. Censors aren't going to stop people; they're going to figure out what those censors are and find a way around it to be a dick to others. D:
    People can find ways around censors, that is true. But they already have a censor in place for Pokemon names, and there is afaik no major issues with people bypassing it. If people bypassing the censor is really that much of a concern to them, why not just take away the ability to nickname Pokemon as well? Or why even have that ability in the first place?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Tbh, I really don't want Pokemon to end up like uh, Neopets, where you cannot even say things like "Grapes" because it contains an offensive word without the letter "G".

I am fine with the way things are now.
    I don't see the real need to having to type out how you really want it to be.

Back