• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think HG/SS will be WPA compatible?

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
  • I was wondering something. My DSi is compatible with WPA-secured routers, but Platinum only goes up to WEP-secured.

Anyways, since the DSi is compatible with WPA-secured routers, do you think HG\SS will use WPA routers too?

For those who don't know, WPA is the latest type of router security.
    ------

Personally, I think and hope they will, as I'm tired of trying to set up this stubborn Wi-Fi connector.

Years
  • If so then probably only on a DSI. The real problem is apparently the CPU required to use WPA.

It all depends on if they can update thier Ni-fi libraries to hook the firmware implementation if available.

Years
  • True, but wouldn't the games run off of the CPU that drives the wi-fi connection to said access points?
    Yes. If you're using a DSI.

It probably will be supported on DSIs, barring some backwards compatibility issues they might run into. They can resolve these if they're smart; we'll have to wait and see.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    It should work, it's a improved version and the DSi came out after Platinum so. lol.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • I am not sure about Japan, but in North America, the DSi came out April 5th, and Platinum came out May 22nd.

Japan had the DSi after Platinum was released. Even then, release is not the issue, its the development time and when that started, which is the main reason why games coming out recently and now still dont have WPA support on the DSi.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • So that means there is a chance? If it's WPA compatible than this would be the reason for me buying a DSi. My router doesn't support WEP (damn).
    I very much hope it'll work.

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    i hope it supports wpa because im pretty sure my encryption is wpa

Back