• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do you think it is hard to defeat the elite four in fire red/leaf green

goirish3

Pizza!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • US
    • Seen Jan 19, 2012
    I can't believe how hard it is for me to defeat the elite four!
    i hav tryd many times but it still duznt work.
    probably because i havent trained my team that well.
    i hav only dos pokemon >50
    I have only gotten to the 3rd person.
    How do you compare with the elite four?

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    I don't remember having much of a problem with the Elite Four as you speak -- Then again I havn't played it since it hit the shelves.

Now that I think about it... I think My Pokemon were Mid to late 50's -- I know for a fact I had Charizard and Gyarados on my team, but I am at loss for what all I had.

If you feel one isn't cutting it -- train a new one in it's place. Or if you have attachment issues like me, train them until they cream 'em. :D

Years
    It was easy for me.
    Just but 50 Revives and 25 Hyper Potions.
    After each battle refresh your team and when one pokemon is left start to revive others until the opponent is confused from time

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I honestly haven't gotten into any trouble with the Elite 4. I was on level 50+ and my Charizard, which is my starter, was on Lv. 60. The only trouble I had was healing up after every fight. I only bought 10 Full Restores and 5 Revives when I faced them.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It was pretty easy for me. Maybe you didn't train hard enough?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    I just beat the Elite 4 and I thought it was pretty easy. Had early level 50's and some revives and some potions. I'd say try and go for more pokemon in your party.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    My team was kinda under-leveled but had powerful moves and I managed it on my first try, but with a lot of potions and some revives. I had:

Lvl 50 Articuno (Ice Beam)
    Lvl 50 Zapdos (Drill Peck + Thunder)
    Lvl 48 Venusaur (Sunny Day + Solarbeam + Earthquake + Giga Drain)
    Lvl 48 Gyarados (Hydro Pump)
    Lvl 44 Golbat (Nothing)
    Lvl 40 Haunter (Destiny Bond, helped me a lot with the first two from the Elite Four)

Seeing my team, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    It's not that difficult if you train hard enough and have strategies for each member of the Elite Four. Plus, plenty of Full Restores and Revives help. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    Pretty easy if you ask me. If you stock up on Potions, or better yet, those in-battle stat boosting items, you'll clear the Elite 4 like a walk in the park.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

To tell the truth, I only struggle with levels.

My advice? Although it only works for me because I have Dragonite and Charizard most of the time:

Grind outside the Ember Spa on One Island, if you stand in the right spot, and time it right, Vs.Seeker can affect: 2 Black Belts, 1 Battle Girl, 1 Crush Kin

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    The first time you're facing them should be a breeze. I suggest using the Vs. Seeker to its full potential and seek out as many experience-rewarding trainers as possible. However, to be honest, I struggled during the second time. Also, going Legendary-free was even harder. I didn't have Zapdos or Mewtwo to back me up.

Agatha almost destroyed my team with her party whenever I faced her. Lance basically chewed me up and spat me out until I was able to revive my team to finish him off with a couple of Ice Beams. Now, Gary, however, was the toughest. His Tyranitar would not let me go. It continued abusing its movesets and biting off my Pokemons one by one. I would barely win every time.

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
    Tyranitar is my undoing...

But that's round 2, round one is pretty easy for me. I'm gonna reccomend Vs seeker as well. Pimp that thing out, lika pimp.

By the end of it, you'll be so ballin with your Pokemon, the E4 won't be able to jive you like a sucker!

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    The first time was cake(don't feel bad for struggling though)
    The second time really wasn't much harder for me, maybe easier sinc eI had better Pokemon. I got all the way to Gary's Arcanine/Charizard before fainting(I leveled a my Scizor to lvl 75 an only took him with me to Indigo Plateau). The only reaason I lost was becasue of Scizor's 4x weakness to Fire and average sp.def

Pokemon, not levels, are the key.
    Oh and Trainers with skill don't need legendaries to beat them, for gods sake people stop using them and train some pokemon of your own just saying

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Just buy tons of revives and potions. I had lv. 80 Charizard and other Pokes around lv. 55.

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
    It wasn't too hard for me, although I WAS overleveled, I'll admit it. Only E4 member I recall having a bit of trouble with was Agatha, mainly because of all the stupid confuse rays/other status inflicting moves.

Back