• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think it's OK to hack?

Do you Think its OK to hack a game?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Yep,it is,but it has its disadvatages.Like,when you hack for a while,the rom crashes,and its soooo annoying.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    what is this I don't even...

Anyways, I think hacking is just fine to me. It's a great way for other people to experience game design, or the overall look of how people create the game, in my own opinion, of course. I'm hoping to make video games with Nintendo one day, and I think hacking, at the moment, is a great way for me to practice. Once that is done, it's on tobigger and better stuff, like RMXP, etc.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Now...If we didn't think hacking is OK...Why would we do it...-_-

Its Perfectly fine with me...Even though it breaks copyrights...

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    the copyright thing....
    isn't that just as bad as burning a cd?
    I mean seriously, no-one actually goes around sueing people for that
    and surely to goodness nintendo has found us (pokecommunity) who knows, maybe they're using our tools XD wouldn't that be hilarious, not killing us b/c we're valuable to them XD i can't stop XDing @ the thought,why hack when u got the source code right?
    anyways
    i believe it is safe to asssume with the gb/gbc/gba games, we are hacking the scraps nintendo fails to update. We take over the responsibility so to speak
    not to mention it's fun and challenging.
    So yes, hacking is fine with me

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Hacking is NEVER ok...if the hacker sucks and just dissappoints and cancels...seriously why would it be bad?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    Hacking a ROM is OK.
    Hacking on ONLINE GAME is NOT OK.

Why?

Pokemon Roms are Single Player based, so theres nothing bad on it.
    Hacking on ONLINE GAME, is bad and you all little hackers should get banned on them xD

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Hacking a ROM is OK.
    Hacking on ONLINE GAME is NOT OK.

Why?

Pokemon Roms are Single Player based, so theres nothing bad on it.
    Hacking on ONLINE GAME, is bad and you all little hackers should get banned on them xD

Hacking an Online game into a different Online game is wrong? its the same as Hacking a single but your putting it on a server

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Doesnt need to be a private server...turning Halflife into a Naruto MMO is hacking but its not wrong...

Back