• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen do you think its weird...

Years
  • to not evolve your starter?
    on my leaf green game i have a level 76 charmander
    and on diamond i had a piplup level 40 something until i had to evolve it so empoleon could learn rock climb (currently searching for a piplup to trade!)
    have you ever done that?
    i just think the pokemon are cuter when they arent evolved...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Not at all. I personally prefer having good looking Pokemon over strong ones. You could call me more of a contest person than a battling one. :P

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
  • I rarely evolve Pokemon I think look cooler. For example, Dragonite is fat... But Dragonair isn't XD
    Disclaimer: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DRAGONITE

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • No, that isn't weird at all. I didn't evolve my Turtwig until it was level 60.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Well, it's not weird at all, just probaly more sensible to evolve them for the stat changes & etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    Nope, it's not wierd at all XD I agree with Nanako who said that she prefered Good looking ones. I still have my Squirtle in Leaf Green, and it was some time before I let my Pidgeotto evolve into Pidgeot. Do you think that I'm going to let my Phanpy evolve? Not a chance! :P I only let Charmander and Mareep evolve.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Thats something I want to do but situations betray me and insists me to evolve. =[
    Its not weird , it may be even more of the advantage.
    There's something you can make Pokemon hold that stops them from evolving, I forgot what it is though...

Some Pokemon learn moves that they wouldn't unless held back from evolving for a few more levels, but I think that's the only advantage.

Al.Long

Just too cool to care :)
    Years
  • I don't think it's weird at all
    i'd love to make a team of level 100 un-evolved pokemon
    or just go crazy in contests with loadsa cute ickle pokemon :)

and Nanako Nanashima, ur thinking of an Everstone :3

Years
  • For battles i evolve them but for contests i like having pre evos dont ask why its just what i like, currently im raising a dragonair i believe they look very elegant pefect for contests

Back