• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen do you think its weird...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I used to keep it at stage 2 because they always look great at that stage.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    It's not weird unless you're competitively battling....then it's just stupid. But yeah, what's with unevolved pokes being so much cuter?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I almost always evolve my pokes unless I need them to learn a certain move, but in sapphire I have a mudkip at some uber high level (nicknamed IherdULiek xD) and in leaf green I have a squirtle that I plan to not evolve.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I always evolve my starter, i prefer strong looking pokemon like Charizard over cute ones like Charmander, it is also good with the moves

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    I do find it awkward. I love evolving my pokemon for the dex data and the strength gains.

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
    Years
    I dont find it strange.I have a level one hundred abra and cleffa. I traded the cleffa for a level one hundered shiny gallade. People showing off their pokemon on the GTS tick me off, so I have a few of those pokemon to suprise them.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    No, because your start learns moves that it can't when it evolves, right? I think Torchic can learn Fire Spin at level 25, but Combusken and Blaziken cannot. I'd evolve your Charmander though so you can teach it Blast Burn.

magical umbreon

Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    There's something you can make Pokemon hold that stops them from evolving, I forgot what it is though...

Some Pokemon learn moves that they wouldn't unless held back from evolving for a few more levels, but I think that's the only advantage.
    Ever stone? I like evolution for all of hoenn starters, and Johto, I don't like how blastoise looks so if i ever pick squirtle i wouldn't let it evolve.

MyLittleShop

Click my eggs for free events
    Years
    Well if you keep your pokemon on stage one they learn moves much faster. They can learn moves that stage three cant... but also vice versa.

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    No way! It makes things a little more difficult but i kept my turtwig until like lv 34 and then evolved it, i miss it :(

Back