• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think it's wrong to cheat for Tickets?

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    For me, using an AR was the only way to get to Lugia, Ho-oh and Deoxys, as well as putting in encounter codes for the other absent pokemon.
    With any cheating device, it's down to you what you want to use it for: I switch off all of the battle and stat cheats, since I like to be able to play the game. I did have the codes for infinite items and money on: I'm something of a kleptomaniac, and the thought of all those items and berries...( drool!) :D
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to look down on someone just because they don't feel the same way you do... Well, you get purists in everything, but I wonder how many of the people in that other forum couldn't get to, or afford to attend, that Nintendo event. I also wonder just how many of them would change their tunes if they found themselves hindered by constraints of time and money...

So I would, and did, cheat to get my Johto LB's, my Celebi, my Jirachi and Deoxys. You're not harming anyone else by using cheat devices ( except Nintendo, and you can see my thoughts on that it in my previous post to this thread) and you can cheat as much or as little as you want. All I ask is that, if you happen to be a purist, not to look down on the rest of us, just because we've had to get outside help in the quest for full gaming satisfaction! :D

Years
    Yes, the give them away for free lol.Maybe it's like a test, the answers are right there, but instead you look over to the person sitting next to you.
    Not if you missed all the events though and you want the pokemon bad, then no.What I didn't do that, I swear.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    Ah, but I haven't condoned cheating in general. I will state now that, in general, cheating is most definitely wrong, especially if it harms another person. There are, however, exceptions to this. When you are given no other option, then you might as well cheat.

Also, I'm thinking more about the amount of money you'd have to spend to get to the Pokemon centre in NY, USA, to complete the game legitimately. For those of the community who live close enough to buy a cheap train or coach ticket, or have enough money go out and buy whichever console needed to play Pokemon Colluseum, plus that game too be able to trade Johto Pokemon, they also have the luxury of taking the moral high ground.

However, the majority of us don't live close enough to nip into the Pokemon Centre as and when we feel like it: in fact, trying to get to a Nintendo Event would be a major expedition, even if we could afford it. So why should we have to lose out just because Nintendo feels it has to increase it's profit? After all, if Nintendo wanted they could put another Pokemon centre just about anywhere they'd please. So why isn't there one in Europe?

I think I can safely say I'm the oldest currently active member of the Pokemon Community. I have a household to run, I work, and my money goes towards paying bills, and on living expenses. My wages aren't vast, so I have to weigh up the value of every penny when I decide to spend money on my gaming, what little I can put aside for it. I can justify going out and buying an AR cheat cartridge for ?20.00 UK, where I can load up on various codes for a number of different games, than I could spending 100's trying to get over to the states for one particular Event.

I was annoyed enough when I heard that Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were not going to be playable on the old Gameboy Colour: I almost didn't go out and get them. I think I only did because my local Games store was doing a special promo that reduced the cost of getting the new console and the games. As far as I can see, Nintendo Events are merely marketing ploys to get you into the store, where you'll be tempted to spend even more money. So my take is, well, if nintendo want to penalise all those who can't afford to attend or simply can't get there at all, then they'll have to expect a certain amount of code hacking and cheating. In fact they must do, because I haven't heard even the least hint of legal action by Nintendo against the makers of the various cheating devices.

Kveran

I'm super-effective!
    Years
    If you know that, for reasons of time, location, and money, you will be unable to get certain Pokemon legitimately, and are willing to spend the money to get a 'Shark or ActionReplay, then I think it's perfectly reasonable to Shark. After all, not all of us live near a Pokemon Center, or even live near anyone else with a Pokemon cartridge- or even a GameBoy. In those cases, if you want to truly complete the games by catching them all, you're forced to glitch or Shark.

Omega593

End of Your World
    Years
    Considering the fact that most of the tickets are limited edition and almost impossible to get, I would consider it okay to cheat in order to get the tickets.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    it depends on the circumstances because if youlive next to new york and you cheat you are "slaking". If you have no other option I consider it ok to cheat.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
    I'm one of those people that thinks cheating for most things in the game is bad. But for this situation, I give it an exemption. The reason being that the Tickets are only going to select people in the world, which really isn't fair to many people. So for th Tickets, I would say it's ok to get those, because they're almost never going to go around to everyone for a long time. If they were around a lot, and people cheated for them, yeah, I'd call it a bad cheat. But since they are so scarce, this can be on exception.

Back