• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think of unown as a.....

What do you think?

• Heck no are you crazy?

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Yes it should be

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I dont care.....

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    Legendary?! Cmon you have too. I mean it deserves some spot light. So it could be a weak legendary so is phione! (and my useless dialga) I think it should be a legendary. Why? Its awesome theres 28 of them. They were in one of the pokemon movies with entei. (they were also part of the story)

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    But they're NOT a legendary. They're a plentiful Pokémon and have no "special" qualities. There are already too many legendaries... polluting the group with another unremarkable creature wouldn't make any sense.

MechaTrickster

Years
    But they're NOT a legendary. They're a plentiful Pokémon and have no "special" qualities. There are already too many legendaries... polluting the group with another unremarkable creature wouldn't make any sense.
    yah it wouldnt but wouldnt you still count it in a group of secondary legendaries such as rotom? And i agree with the too many legendaries

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    I'll say this.

The Unown, without a doubt, have some connection with the Legendaries, but I personally believe they are not Legendaries.

MechaTrickster

Years
    Yah i knew it they arent legendaries so ill put them with my secondary imaginary legendaries. Next to garchomp and rotom. :) lets see what the other people think. Or the votes.

Years
    I would categorize them as sub-legends. They're not quite normal pokes but not legendary either. I would also put Rotom in there as well.

Years
    • DC
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I think they're pseudo-legendary, but in a different way from Dragonite et al. Para-legendary is probably a better thing to describe them, though.

Blazey~

Summer heat all year
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    All that talk about there being enough legendaries - Whether or not that is true is beside the point. This latest generation's ultimate legendary turns out to be the god of all pokemon. It makes one wonder how much further they can go in terms of raising the bar. At any rate, at least all of those legendary pokemon made the uber tier a little more fun to battle.

Anyway, about the Unown being legendary: Oh, they're legendary alright. They have a stellar movepool and a whopping base stat total of 336, which actually places them under Growlithe (:3). Let's not forget how their ability allows them free switch-ins against one of the most popular moves in pokemon. Indeed, Unown is legendary.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Well in the anime I would count it as Legendary, it's like stronger than Entei in the movie, it can manipulate time and dimensions, in the anime it's like Dialga + Palkia = Unown

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I think they're pseudo-legendary, but in a different way from Dragonite et al. Para-legendary is probably a better thing to describe them, though.
    I'd go for "demi-legendary", perhaps.

But yeah, Unown aren't legendary. They're just interesting Pokémon with a bit of mystery/backstory to them, kinda like Rotom. Still, they're nowhere near legendary status. (though I do have my theories as to why they exist, but that's another thread)

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    unown cannot be ledgendary,they only know one move and their stats are horrible

MechaTrickster

Years
    Well in the anime I would count it as Legendary, it's like stronger than Entei in the movie, it can manipulate time and dimensions, in the anime it's like Dialga + Palkia = Unown

All that talk about there being enough legendaries - Whether or not that is true is beside the point. This latest generation's ultimate legendary turns out to be the god of all pokemon. It makes one wonder how much further they can go in terms of raising the bar. At any rate, at least all of those legendary pokemon made the uber tier a little more fun to battle.

Anyway, about the Unown being legendary: Oh, they're legendary alright. They have a stellar movepool and a whopping base stat total of 336, which actually places them under Growlithe (:3). Let's not forget how their ability allows them free switch-ins against one of the most popular moves in pokemon. Indeed, Unown is legendary.
    Two best :D buwahahaha i have proof they can be legendaries or semi legendaries

Sixtypin

?_?
    Years
    I just find them amazingly annoying and full of headache trying to get every last one of them! Nothing annoys me more then they do.

Ayselipera

Well their not legendaries, but I consider them special.
    I did think they will legendaries in the days of Crystal.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Not really. Unknown just seems like a regular pokemon to me. I dont think that just because it comes in different letter forms that it should be considered a legendary.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I cannot really say they are legendary. In my true opinion, if there is more then one obtainable Pokemon without trading, it is not legendary. I would say though it is a rare Pokemon in the TV series, but not the video game series.

Back