• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think older people make better leaders?

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
  • i suppose older people are better leaders since they seem to be more wise,
    but i think it just depends on intelligence xD
    so it goes either way.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    A good leader should have the right personality, and not everyone has it, so age doesn't matter.

Years
  • I'd go with experience, easy. Like, a leader that is inexperienced is not good for the job, and in most cases experience comes after long periods of time, meaning older people are usually more suited for the job. However if a younger person can learn quickly that's always a good thing too.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • The world is a bit age-ist.

People assume that younger adults have no idea what the hell they're doing, and older people know exactly what they're doing and say they can do a better job.

In fact, my dad, when he was into building houses, he couldn't wait to get grey in his hair, so people would stop calling him "kid".

Seriously! In his thirties, people calling him "kid"!

I don't give a damn how old you are, as long as you know what the hell you're doing, know the difference between right and wrong, and can do an amazing job, sure, be a leader of something such as a country.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Old people like to delude themselves that they are wiser due to their age. Sometimes the case, but it's often not.

It really depends on the person and the job. A young artist would be better at leading a group of artists than an old scientist. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and age has little to do with them.

Years
  • I would have to say that older people would make better leaders. I agree with the person that said personality matters more, and I agree that age isn't really a factor.

However, let's take that SAME young person with the good personality of a leader, give him 20 years of real-life experience and turmoils, and I feel he will be a better leader. While the person may be capable of leading at 20, I think he would be even better at 40 . . .

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Maturity and experience. I think it's more reliable then a young person leading yes.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Old people tend to stick to the "olden" ways, rather than adapt to the "modern" ways. So no, a young leader is way better, like Obama.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    It depends on the person. Older people usually have more experience, but that doesn't mean they can use it correctly. If used incorrectly it is the same as having none. Older people tend to be more mature and handle situations better, thus more are leaders. If you went to a deadly place, and saw two leaders, one that is 30 and one that is 12, which one would you choose? Most likely the older one. I can't say that every single 30 year old will lead better than every single 12 year old, but they do for a majority of the time.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • It really depends. Older people have more experience, but that doesn't make them any more intelligent.
    For example, I know this woman who is about 50. She's probably the dumbest, most ignorant person I've ever met. Words can't begin to describe the profound stupidity she puts me through nearly every day. Her daughter however, is a very intelligent, well rounded young woman. She has gained enough knowledge to overcome her up bringing and has blossomed into a very well rounded and down to Earth girl.
    Older people should make better leaders since they have more experience, but that isn't always the case. I know a lot of dumb adults and very intelligent children.
    It depends on the nature of the person more than their age.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    I also think so because older people have more experience of life. They have faced each and every type difficulties in life and I think these are all qualities are enough in leader.

Years
  • Also depends on the nation.
    Too bad about racial and gender "stereotypes"...

Spoiler:

Being a leader has knowledge requirements. Which sucks because of the contributing details for the requirements also being the suck.

~ Knowledge of the 'system' in question as and in itself
    ~ interpretation of how changing the system of power can change the system for the 'little people'
    ~ Comprehension of the competing pressure forces (example: other parties/movements)
    ~ Control: How, when, and why it should be used openly (**insert military jab here**)
    ~ Mechanics and guideposts for economic ebb & tide

These be but a portion.

Last edited:

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Physically, no, However, older people tend to lead the group based on their past experience. Having been around for quite a long time and gaining a lot of experience, they know what to do in certain situations and what to say. There are younger people who are just natural leaders though of course as well.

Back