• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think Platinum should include Version 5 Pokémon?

So, should they?

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well yeah thats the biggest rumor of em all. I mean im waiting for it. I wouldnt be surprised if they pull a platinum on us. I mean a preview to the world 3-4 months before it comes out. I think thats a nintendo record for us.

Years
    As did 4th Gen move Nightmare (Which can only be learned via move tutor in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness)
    Nightmare was a TM in G/S/C.

If any 5th-gen Pokémon make an appearance, it's definitely going to be no more than a simple cameo. They can't be owned or seen in battle due to the Generation Gap--if you can own them then they'd have to be tradable to D/P, which don't have their data. At most, there could be stuff like, say, a painting of a 5th-gen Pokémon hanging on some wall somewhere.

Come to think of it, it would be pretty clever to announce a new Pokémon via some prop subtly placed somewhere in a game. I remember the speculation that the cave painting in the Lilycove museum was of Lucario! :D

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    They also talk about Lucario in Mystery Dungeon numerous times.
    But then again, Mystery Dungeon was near the peak of the 4th Generation.
    I heard they were going to include some 5th Generation cameos in the Arceus movie,
    which makes sense, because that movie would be like the ending point of the 4th Generation.
    There may be, like, a statue in the Platinum Battle Zone, that is in the shape of a 5th Generation Pokemon, but it says like.
    'The text is faded from the statue... it looks kind of like a Pokemon.'
    ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back