• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think platinum...

Change

Sandstorm team expert.
    Years
    I think if they did make a remake of Crystal, I would like a different cover monster, as Suicune wasn't amazing at any rate. Maybe Celebi on the cover would be nice :P

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Platinum is the best of the 4th generation of the Pokemon Games, but I do not think it was the true start of the 4th generation. Diamond and Pearl were full-fledged games, complete with a new region, new Pokemon, and were the first "true" Pokemon games for the NDS, true meaning not a spin-off, such as 'Pokemon Dash!'. Platinum was an upgrade of D/P, giving the fans more of what they want. Faster surfing, a battle frontier, and more plot-line.

And, as you all know, when a new generation of Pokemon games starts, it comes out with two choices between games. This is to spark trading between different versions and various other marketing reasons. D/P were the two choices of the 4th Generation. Platinum was the third installment, which, as said earlier, gives fans more of what they want, and introduces/fixes things. And with the release of the 3rd Generation, remakes of the first generation were made, FireRed (BPRE) and Leafgreen. In the 4th generation, to keep up with the pattern, HeartGold and SoulSilver are/will be released (depending on your local country at the time of this post).

Although the order is slightly off this time, the overall pattern is the same. Two Original Games, remakes (this was established in Gen. 3), and a third release. Platinum is the third release, in this case, making it not the official start to Gen. 4.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I dont really think platinum was the start of IV. It was just a remake of D/P and D/P was the real start of Gen IV.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Well, I haven't played any DSi games yet, but with the GB games, I always found that I liked the Crystal/Emerald games better. More plot, which I love.

CAN'T wait for the Platinum to be in my X-mas presents this year (which I knoooow it will, lol)

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Having been a fan of Pokémon since before YELLOW came out, I can say that the 3rd to the trio of games is always "better," but I feel that the first two are the start to the generation.

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
    platinum by far revolutionized modern pokemon. It gave us countless legendaries, tons of side missions after Elite 4, a much stronger set of battles, and a storyline that (my opinion) was much much better than in any Pokemon game before it. Now, if it is better than Heart Gold or Soul Silver, Time will tell.

Back