• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Think Pokemon Anime Isn't As Good As It Use To Be?

Do You Think Pokemon Anime Isn't As Good As It Used To Be?

• Yeah! I Love The Pokemon Anime On TV Today!

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No. The Anime Has Just Lost Its Course.

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Kinda. Its Not That Good But Not That Bad Either.

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    Yeah, Psyduck was a great gag...

psyduck was so funny. i wish someone would catch a psyduck!

i really want veronica taylor on again and then i might start watching it again. the first episode of the new episode with the new voices was when i stopped watching it.

recently i watched the D/P Episode with ash's new staravia and i was just laughing. the new anime is just ebarassing.

Years
    I myself do enjoy the older episodes more, though, I watched them as they newly aired, so nostalgia kicks in too and "clouds" my opinion. In addition, there was stuff the series did back then that just doesn't happen anymore, eg. the 3-part Sabrina arc... a gym leader being possessed by evil spirits and turning Brock and Misty to dolls? Timeless. Ash having to dress up like a girl to get into a gym? Timeless.

I also liked the old Ash. He was so charmingly noobish, and that was very entertaining. As I understand it, not many fans liked that Ash, because he was a jerk most of the time. (but I thought that too, was entertaining)

Agreed.

I love the first few seasons, but for me when they started introducing new Pokemon I lost interest. I still watch it now and then but I guess I'm getting to old for it :P

I've got Seasons 1 -3 on DVD though and am going to get 4,5 & 6 this weekend.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    Agreed.

I love the first few seasons, but for me when they started introducing new Pokemon I lost interest. I still watch it now and then but I guess I'm getting to old for it :P

I've got Seasons 1 -3 on DVD though and am going to get 4,5 & 6 this weekend.
    thast nice, i hope you enjoy them.

i like the old theme song, i like a lot of old things.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    i liked kanto and orange islands because they had the original pokemon, psyduck muk charmander squirtle and buibasaur, soooo much better!

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    i liked kanto and orange islands because they had the original pokemon, psyduck muk charmander squirtle and buibasaur, soooo much better!

yeah, psyduck was a lot of the humor in that show, then again, so was squirtle. i remember when he put on his shades to talk to the other pokemon in the first movie, me and my brother were just hysterical.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    I watched the first episode of Pokemon when I was four or five, maybe three. Awesome. Loved it so much I started buying the games and got half of the Kanto reigon series on video.
    Ash was a rookie trainer with a good heart struggling to be the "very best," Misty was trying to get out of the shadows of her older sisters, and Brock was a guy trying his best to support his family and then fufill his dream.
    When they replaced Brock in the Orange Islands, I got angry. Very angry. But I eventually warmed up to Tracy. Misty was a pretty good trainer, but now all she did was hold Togepi.
    By the time Hoehnn came, my friends and I felt we outgrew the anime and stopped watching. I didn't like May. (What ten year old had a figure and why did she hate Pokemon so much in the beginning?) Max didn't do anything. Ash turned into a goofy, good-hearted guy into a patient, all understanding type. Brock mostly filled in a mentor type role. Team Rocket were actual threats, but now they were a bunch of screw-ups. The voice actors changed. Everyone became "perfect." No human flaws. (What kind of a ten-year-old has a figure!)
    D/P is better than Hoehnn if you ask me. (Still, the ten-year-old guy has a figure.)

kuku-melon

carbonero
    Years
    I watched the first episode of Pokemon when I was four or five, maybe three. Awesome. Loved it so much I started buying the games and got half of the Kanto reigon series on video.
    Ash was a rookie trainer with a good heart struggling to be the "very best," Misty was trying to get out of the shadows of her older sisters, and Brock was a guy trying his best to support his family and then fufill his dream.
    When they replaced Brock in the Orange Islands, I got angry. Very angry. But I eventually warmed up to Tracy. Misty was a pretty good trainer, but now all she did was hold Togepi.
    By the time Hoehnn came, my friends and I felt we outgrew the anime and stopped watching. I didn't like May. (What ten year old had a figure and why did she hate Pokemon so much in the beginning?) Max didn't do anything. Ash turned into a goofy, good-hearted guy into a patient, all understanding type. Brock mostly filled in a mentor type role. Team Rocket were actual threats, but now they were a bunch of screw-ups. The voice actors changed. Everyone became "perfect." No human flaws. (What kind of a ten-year-old has a figure!)
    D/P is better than Hoehnn if you ask me. (Still, the ten-year-old guy has a figure.)

I agree... In the first few season the characters and people in general had REAL PROBLEMS, but now every single human being in the series is happy all the time and a very kind person that loves pokemon... come on... that has nothing real in it..
    I think that series nowadays are for 5-8 year old children who don't know what a real problem is, that's why I hate the series... every time I watch it I get more disappointed... It's always the same thing: challenge a gym leader and make friends with him/ get to know a new pokemon and make friends with someone/ capture a pokemon and make friends with someone/ help somebody defeat the totally un-skilled team rocket and make friends woth him

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I haven't paid much attention at all to D/P, but from what I've heard, It's nowhere near as bad as anything before it. (BF, Hoenn league, last half of Johto...) But I still say Indigo League was a classic, and is the best part of the series in my opinion.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    This is what they should do (for final season of pokemon ever):

1. Ash, Misty, and Brock. The old trio, the original threesome.
    2. Go back to Kanto. Old, original place.
    3. Make Ash challenge and beat the Elite Four.
    4. Introduce Ash's dad along the way, and reveal more of Misty's past. (what happened to her parents?)

And also, I saw a recent episode (don't know if it was Sinnoh or Hoehnn) where Brock's mom was alive. In the original, Brock's mom died and his dad left home to become a trainer. So Brock worked hard to support him and his younger sibs. His dad comes back, and Brock joins Ash and Misty.

kuku-melon

carbonero
    Years
    yes, I remember that brock's mom was death, but I'm sure they revived her just to make everybody happy and make as if nobody in the pkm world have any freakin problem!!
    That's the reason why I stopped watching the series long ago...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    yes, I remember that brock's mom was death, but I'm sure they revived her just to make everybody happy and make as if nobody in the pkm world have any freakin problem!!
    That's the reason why I stopped watching the series long ago...

Lol actually they only said Brock's mum died in the dub. In Japanese they just said she left too or something. Obivously 4Kids thought we'd never see Brock's mum so thought they'd make it more dramatic or something.

AS V.1

RageGraphics(tm)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2008
    The early ones were good, D/P is cool too, the only thing different is that it's predictable, like when the D/P theme played when Ash was going to finish his first gym rematch against Roark.

BPHComix

Professional Failure
    Years
    I really liked (and still like) the Kanto series the best. It's absolutely amazing and I find it more interesting then the new seasons. D/P is ok.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    The producers didn't expect Pokemon to be so famous or popular, so they probably had a whole different storyline (Ash's father, Elite Four, etc.) but they decided to drag things out a little bit more to make more money. Before they knew it, the plot had changed so much that putting the original storyline would be stupid.
    D/P is better than Hoehnn, if you ask me. Still, majorly predictable. (Ash gonna get all the badges, enter league but not win, etc.) And I don't like the Coordinator thing. I mean, I like it, but it changed Pokemon so much. Pokemon are for battling and raising, not showing off in a contest is what I thought. And the ten year olds having figures is a bad move. Encourages anorexia in young children and makes older teens feel more self-conscious.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I think it used to be better, but only because I'm biased. I started off when the show started off. I watched it from the beginning. I'll always value it more than whatever comes after it.

From my standpoint, I cannot say.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    I think it used to be better, but only because I'm biased. I started off when the show started off. I watched it from the beginning. I'll always value it more than whatever comes after it.

From my standpoint, I cannot say.

thats true. i have seen and have on a different recorded videotape every kanto episode of pokemon, and i have about 7 of copies of each episode. I was an addict back then, so much, its not even funny. now i'm like i'm not sure.

Back