• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you think pokemon have gone far enough

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2014
    do you think pokemon have gone far enough
    i think nintendo shouldn't make any new pokemon becuase there is already 649 pokemon and i still barely know any of the unova pokemon
    if they did make new pokemon they should just make new eves

or just make more games with different storylines or become team rocket/magma/aqua/gallactic or the 1s from black and white

what is your opinion?

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • well i say they should keep making them because there is always new ppl playing pokemon though i was dissapointed in the map of black and white soon the will be 3D pokemon..getting off topic but yeah new pokemon ppl mean more money for pokemon why would they stop now?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Or they should make what will get them money. And they sure aren't going to do that without new pokemon. Well if you still barely know the new pokemon learn about them, research their info within the game or over the vast info the internet has to offer.

Those games you want were you are apart of the criminal syndicate would have to be a separate series then the main one were you receive a pokemon, collect dex info, battle gym leaders, battle evil team, win league. That is a cash cow formula that seems to be working and seems to keep attracting fans, so I don't see them deviating from that in their Main Series. Sure I would like to see an alternate series, but I don't know if they will ever happen. Maybe they will make a Spin Off of it on a console. I do agree we need to see some new evos since the region Unova is set apart from prior four regions, but I think if the region is close to Unova I'd only have them draw parallels to Unova pokes.

ShockGazm

Breaking Benjamin are Gods!
    Years
  • 5th Gen was horrible in my opinion. That for me would be my reason as of them going to far in term of pokemon idea's but i would still enjoy it.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Like all the prior posts have said, why quit a money-making franchise? I still don't understand, no offence to anyone, why fans of the game are saying to end the creation of new pokemon. A new game with new pokemon shouldn't be something to dread. A lot of people said after Arceus, there'd be no pokemon. But they still anticipated the release of B/W with great vigor.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Do I think they should stop? Yes. Do I think they will stop? Hell no. It just works too well for them, and while I would love, love, LOVE to see something different from them, I really don't hold out too much hope for it. I'd like to see some further exploration into the established universe, rather than continually stretching thinly across new regions, new Pokemon and new characters. There is MASSIVE potential for expansion with the evil teams, with the professors, the Gym Leaders, the Elites, the Champions, or even just any old Trainer you see on a route. Every one has a story behind them, and I'd love to see them told. As a fanfiction author, I do this myself on a regular basis, but I would just love to see Nintendo actually make some effort to do something major outside of its normal pattern. Ranger and Mystery Dungeon were nice enough, but it's really just not enough. :<

Last edited:

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    this topic is horrible if they stop makeing pokemon they stop makeing money and they wont do that theyll keep makeing pokemon aslong as they can make money

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • i hate 5th and almost all of the 4th
    the first pokemon game:(reaction) crying of joy
    2nd gen: yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
    3rd gen: for real??!!
    4th gen: half of them are pokemons from g/s/c with new evos
    5th gen: OK WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • i hate 5th and almost all of the 4th
    the first pokemon game:(reaction) crying of joy
    2nd gen: yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
    3rd gen: for real??!!
    4th gen: half of them are pokemons from g/s/c with new evos
    5th gen: OK WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

4th Gen is not that at all. lol Most of the Pokemon aren't even from the GSC Era. I see nothing wrong with the Gen V Pokemon. What if Gen V was Gen I would you think that they were ugly and "not Pokemon" then.

this topic is horrible if they stop makeing pokemon they stop makeing money and they wont do that theyll keep makeing pokemon aslong as they can make money

This topic horrible wut?

Anyway. Like everyone else stated, Pokemon brings in the money; so why stop it? I see no harm in letting it continue. not that i can do anything anyway :x It'll probably stop when; people stop buying the merchandise. (yeah right) or when they run out of ideas. But as for the next couple of years, maybe more; we're going to see more and more Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't think Pokemon has gone far enough yet. Going with the above posters, it brings in money. People may stop buying Pokemon-related things if they have to see the same 649 Pokemon every day, so that's why new Pokemon are created every several years or so.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Similar to what other people have said, Pokémon is a money making machine, and GameFreak would be losing A LOT of money if they suddenly ended it.

I think some of you are forgetting to think about this from a business standpoint:
    New Pokémon + New Pokémon Game + New Fans + Hardcore Fans = LOTS OF MONEY!

You've gotta think like a company during certain situations, and not just assume that GameFreak would end the series just 'cos of your opinion.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nintendo isn't ready to kill off their cash cow, dears. Now, how do I feel about that? I personally don't care. Pokemon is my favorite game series. It can go on however long it wants to go and I'll still play it more than anything else. If you're just gonna complain about every generation that's not gen I and II though, you need to sit down and quit playing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011
    Or they should make what will get them money. And they sure aren't going to do that without new pokemon. Well if you still barely know the new pokemon learn about them, research their info within the game or over the vast info the internet has to offer.

Oh please. You're telling me you wouldn't by a new Pokemon game unless they hacked up 200 new character for you? Geeze.

I didn't even buy black and white.
    I'm so sick of having 6 pokemon with brain damage that allows them to only learn 4 moves, while trying to beat 8 gym leaders so I can beat 4 more leaders, all the while having my rival harass me.

B-O-R-I-N-G

I've already done that... like a bazillion times...

Pokemon has so much amazing potential, and Nintendo just squanders it. Nintendos only tactic, with all of it's games, is to keep beating the dead horse, and jazz it's corpse up with more mindless gimmicks and hope no ones notices.

Since RPGs frequently win game of the year titles (That = more $$$ for you Nintendo) Why don't they try straying down that road?

I think they need to make a game with more emphasis on trainer creations. I don't want to be Ash. That's not what makes Pokemon fun for me. I want to make my own trainer, and make my own decisions and forge my own path through the Pokemon world. Not follow the EXACT linear stream I've been floating down since R/B

I guarantee you that Nintendo could rival Blizzard in the money making department if they made a MMO.
    I'd buy it.
    I'd pay 15 bucks a month for it.
    No questions asked.
    You would too, and you know it.
    Nintendo seems to be the only ones who don't... lol

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    For my they should stop for 6 years making new pokemon and making the old games with a different storyline and after 6 years a new gen.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Oh please. You're telling me you wouldn't by a new Pokemon game unless they hacked up 200 new character for you? Geeze.

I'm so sick of having 6 pokemon with brain damage that allows them to only learn 4 moves, while trying to beat 8 gym leaders so I can beat 4 more leaders, all the while having my rival harass me.

Pokemon has so much amazing potential, and Nintendo just squanders it. Nintendo's only tactic, with all of it's games, is to keep beating the dead horse, and jazz it's corpse up with more mindless gimmicks and hope no ones notices.

LOL, well it seems to work just fine with mostly everyone else here and all over the world. And it may seem like the just "jazz" it up everytime, but it actually works and it actually is more appealing, especially with Black and White and you'd see it if you actually decided to buy it.

Same with Legend of Zelda, same formula with twists everytime, but it never gets old and every Zelda fan literally does back flips just get the next game each time.

I guarantee you that Nintendo could rival Blizzard in the money making department if they made a MMO.
    I'd buy it.
    No questions asked.

That's where you're wrong, contrary to belief. Not every game would work as an MMO. Like with Legend of Zelda for example. Its a great idea but it most certainly wouldn't work.

Seems like most of what you're saying just a personal gripe, just saying...

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • GEN THREE IS THE BEST GEN AND EMERALD BEST GAME THERE MINT LOVE THEM TO PIECES GEN 5 WERE QUITE GOOD FOR ME GEN ONE WAS AL RIGHT GEN $ TO MUCH ABOUT POOOOOWEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!

I WOULD LIKE A POKEMON GAME WHERE IT WOULD BE ALL GENERATIONS IN ONE GAME AND CALL IT SUMMAT CATCHY AND IT WOULD INCLUDE A MOD WHERE YOU CAN PLAY A GAME AS TEAM ROCKET
    TEAM AQUA
    TEAM MAGMA
    TEAM PLASMA
    TEAM GALACTIC AND ANY OTHERS I HAVE MISSED BUT IN MY OPINION IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    GEN THREE IS THE BEST GEN AND EMERALD BEST GAME THERE MINT LOVE THEM TO PIECES GEN 5 WERE QUITE GOOD FOR ME GEN ONE WAS AL RIGHT GEN $ TO MUCH ABOUT POOOOOWEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!

I WOULD LIKE A POKEMON GAME WHERE IT WOULD BE ALL GENERATIONS IN ONE GAME AND CALL IT SUMMAT CATCHY AND IT WOULD INCLUDE A MOD WHERE YOU CAN PLAY A GAME AS TEAM ROCKET
    TEAM AQUA
    TEAM MAGMA
    TEAM PLASMA
    TEAM GALACTIC AND ANY OTHERS I HAVE MISSED BUT IN MY OPINION IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, you think you could've done that without all the overused exclamation marks and all caps?

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    there just needs to be 1 more game of pokemon.

an ultimate pokemon game for ds or 3ds.

has 4 story lines to choose from but eventually all link together.

wifi keeps it updated on events, challenges, ect.

make it completely wifi as in from the second i start, i see people outside starting story mode like me. so its like a mmo but still with the story.

mmos ive played sorta loose their storys cus people just want to pvp, do a challenge, or something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I didn't even buy black and white.

B-O-R-I-N-G

I've already done that... like a bazillion times...

Pokemon has so much amazing potential, and Nintendo just squanders it. Nintendos only tactic, with all of it's games, is to keep beating the dead horse, and jazz it's corpse up with more mindless gimmicks and hope no ones notices.

Since RPGs frequently win game of the year titles (That = more $$$ for you Nintendo) Why don't they try straying down that road?

I think they need to make a game with more emphasis on trainer creations. I don't want to be Ash. That's not what makes Pokemon fun for me. I want to make my own trainer, and make my own decisions and forge my own path through the Pokemon world. Not follow the EXACT linear stream I've been floating down since R/B

I'd buy it.
    No questions asked.

Pokemon Black and White sold over 1 million more copies in Japan in the first week than Diamond and Pearl sold. Pokemon is only getting more and more popular. It shatters records whenever a new game comes out. You're bored, but more than enough people aren't. Once you grow out of Pokemon, you will be replaced by 20 10-year-old children discovering the series for the first time. You are not their target audience for the games, and you do not dictate their policy.

I enjoy Black and White. I think they should keep going. If they kept all the same Pokemon I would memorize all their strengths and weaknesses in time and get bored of them. My opinion is just as valid as yours, no need to be unnecessarily rude because you disagree with Kenshin.

Back