• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you think pokemon have gone far enough

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021

Pokemon Black and White sold over 1 million more copies in Japan in the first week than Diamond and Pearl sold. Pokemon is only getting more and more popular. It shatters records whenever a new game comes out. You're bored, but more than enough people aren't. Once you grow out of Pokemon, you will be replaced by 20 10-year-old children discovering the series for the first time. You are not their target audience for the games, and you do not dictate their policy.

I enjoy Black and White. I think they should keep going. If they kept all the same Pokemon I would memorize all their strengths and weaknesses in time and get bored of them. My opinion is just as valid as yours, no need to be unnecessarily rude because you disagree with Kenshin.

Exactly, my opinion. You're basically the minority in the situation.

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • Oh please. You're telling me you wouldn't by a new Pokemon game unless they hacked up 200 new character for you? Geeze.

I didn't even buy black and white.
    I'm so sick of having 6 pokemon with brain damage that allows them to only learn 4 moves, while trying to beat 8 gym leaders so I can beat 4 more leaders, all the while having my rival harass me.

B-O-R-I-N-G

I've already done that... like a bazillion times...

Pokemon has so much amazing potential, and Nintendo just squanders it. Nintendos only tactic, with all of it's games, is to keep beating the dead horse, and jazz it's corpse up with more mindless gimmicks and hope no ones notices.

Since RPGs frequently win game of the year titles (That = more $$$ for you Nintendo) Why don't they try straying down that road?

I think they need to make a game with more emphasis on trainer creations. I don't want to be Ash. That's not what makes Pokemon fun for me. I want to make my own trainer, and make my own decisions and forge my own path through the Pokemon world. Not follow the EXACT linear stream I've been floating down since R/B

I guarantee you that Nintendo could rival Blizzard in the money making department if they made a MMO.
    I'd buy it.
    I'd pay 15 bucks a month for it.
    No questions asked.
    You would too, and you know it.
    Nintendo seems to be the only ones who don't... lol

if you dont want to do the storyline again then DONT BUY THE GAME AND YOU DO MAKE YOUR OWN PATH OK UP TO A POINT BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE GAME IN 4 HOURS YOU CAN TAKE MONTH HOURS DAYS WEEKS.
    ALSO I WOULD NOT LIKE A MMO POKEMON GAME IT WOULD RUIN THE BASIS OF POKEMON AND YOU DONT PLAY AS AN ASH YOU PLAY AS YOUR OWN TRAINER AND THERE IS NO POINT SPENDING HOURS CREATING A TRAINER WHEN YOU ONLY SEE IT AS A LITTLE PIXLATED MAN THAT YOU CAN BARELY SEE AND THE ONLY TIME YOU SEE HIM SERIOUSLY IS WHEN YOU BATTLE AND YOU ONLY SEE THE BACK OF HIM THEN AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE HIM SERIOUSLY THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO MAKE A GAME LIKE AN RPG BUT IT WOULD NOT JUST RUIN THE BASIS IT WOULD ANNIHILATE THE BASIS.
    IF YOU DONT LIKE THE BASIS OF POKEMON THEN GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE THERE ARE A LOT OF MMOS OUT THERE OR RPGS GO PLAY ONE OF THEM INSTEAD IF YOU DONT LIKE POKEMONS BASIS AND STOP COMPLAINING IT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH LIKE THEY SAY

Keep calm, stay happy ITS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH TO SMILE AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!

@ KEYAKI

caps are awesome don't dis and exclamation marks are the best.

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • if you dont want to do the storyline again then DONT BUY THE GAME AND YOU DO MAKE YOUR OWN PATH OK UP TO A POINT BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE GAME IN 4 HOURS YOU CAN TAKE MONTH HOURS DAYS WEEKS.
    ALSO I WOULD NOT LIKE A MMO POKEMON GAME IT WOULD RUIN THE BASIS OF POKEMON AND YOU DONT PLAY AS AN ASH YOU PLAY AS YOUR OWN TRAINER AND THERE IS NO POINT SPENDING HOURS CREATING A TRAINER WHEN YOU ONLY SEE IT AS A LITTLE PIXLATED MAN THAT YOU CAN BARELY SEE AND THE ONLY TIME YOU SEE HIM SERIOUSLY IS WHEN YOU BATTLE AND YOU ONLY SEE THE BACK OF HIM THEN AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE HIM SERIOUSLY THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO MAKE A GAME LIKE AN RPG BUT IT WOULD NOT JUST RUIN THE BASIS IT WOULD ANNIHILATE THE BASIS.
    IF YOU DONT LIKE THE BASIS OF POKEMON THEN GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE THERE ARE A LOT OF MMOS OUT THERE OR RPGS GO PLAY ONE OF THEM INSTEAD IF YOU DONT LIKE POKEMONS BASIS AND STOP COMPLAINING IT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH LIKE THEY SAY

@ KEYAKI

You need to read this. Typing in all caps is not only stupid and annoying, it's also impolite.

The Pokemon Franchise is one of the most successful game franchise in the entire world, second only to Mario. If Game Freak stops Pokemon now, Nintendo will suffer a LOT from it. That's all I got to say.

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • You need to read this. Typing in all caps is not only stupid and annoying, it's also impolite.

The Pokemon Franchise is one of the most successful game franchise in the entire world, second only to Mario. If Game Freak stops Pokemon now, Nintendo will suffer a LOT from it. That's all I got to say.

i know caps are annoying and impolite but i just got so worked up by the guy i quoted because he wants it to be a mmo and i am so against it.

I know mario is better Franchise but in my heart its better by a mile is pokemon and really you dont complain so much about one game and still play it just play somthing else there is like 100 consoles out there and probaly nearly billlions of games surely he can find a game he wants i mean if you dont like you dont play as simple as that.

I don't want pokemon to stop its the best thing in the WORLD sorry had to write that in caps just my love for pokemon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    if you dont want to do the storyline again then DONT BUY THE GAME AND YOU DO MAKE YOUR OWN PATH OK UP TO A POINT BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE GAME IN 4 HOURS YOU CAN TAKE MONTH HOURS DAYS WEEKS.

@ KEYAKI

Again I ask:
    Jeez, you think you could've done that without all the overused exclamation marks and all caps?

Yes, I'm dissing. Grow up. And read the rules, its called etiquette.

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • Again I ask:

Yes, I'm dissing. Grow up. And read the rules, its called etiquette.

I know I know it just got on my nerve like I said to the other person its not hard if you don't like pokemons basis then don't play it simple's *Meerkat noise* of the advert.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011

@ KEYAKI

Okay see. This is the problem.
    You are only thinking inside the Pokemon pre-defined box.
    The game doesn't need to be rendered in pixel art. The game doesn't need to be a one-dimensional top down platform. The game doesn't need to have turn based closed in battles.
    Believe it or not there are other programming methods to gaming =o
    Please don't be so close minded. And please don't yell at me over the Internet lol

Seems like most of what you're saying just a personal gripe, just saying...

So you're telling me I'm the only person in the world who thinks it would be fun to play a different kind of Pokemon game? Huh...

I don't want pokemon to stop its the best thing in the WORLD sorry had to write that in caps just my love for pokemon.
    Did I at any point in time say they should stop making Pokemon games?
    No.
    I said they should try and think outside their predefined box...

I know I know it just got on my nerve like I said to the other person its not hard if you don't like pokemons basis then don't play it simple's *Meerkat noise* of the advert.

No need to nerd rage.
    I have been playing Pokemon since elementary. Before red and blue. Before the TV show. Back when my friend had green and it was in Japanese and we had no idea what was going on.

I wasn't trying to suggest that the current stream of pokemon games are bad. Only that they are generic. Same thing, different names and pictures.
    Playing the same game over and over again for 15+ years might be fun for you. But I see so much more potential in the Pokemon franchise.

I don't know why this made you all so mad.
    All I want is a Pokemon game with more depth.
    Is that really asking so much?

You all do realize that Nintendo has the money and the resources to develop more then one game at a time, right?
    They could theoretically continue to mass produce their generic Pokemon games, WHILE working on more unique and advanced concepts. For those fans who need more depth in their gaming =]

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Ignoring the drama, as an answer to the question - A while ago, I was wondering if it would maybe be an idea if they would proceed making new games, new adventures with new villains, but stop making new Pokémon, and just keep the Pokédex as it is. When I talked to someone about this, they said that even though they didn't like most of the new Pokémon from gen V, it would get boring if there wouldn't be any new Pokémon anymore, and I have to agree with that person. Even though I don't like the biggest part of gen V, it does bring variation in the game, and it is refreshing in a way.

While I didn't use any of the gen V Pokémon for my team (and I'm not planning to, either), I still think that they are a crucial part of a new game, with new strategies and tactics that will develop, and new challenges. I just wish that they would think the designs through, and keep them simple.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2014
    there just needs to be 1 more game of pokemon.

an ultimate pokemon game for ds or 3ds.

has 4 story lines to choose from but eventually all link together.

wifi keeps it updated on events, challenges, ect.

make it completely wifi as in from the second i start, i see people outside starting story mode like me. so its like a mmo but still with the story.

mmos ive played sorta loose their storys cus people just want to pvp, do a challenge, or something.

ii think ur idean about the 4 story lines then all link together would be an epic game
    like at the end all the main heros come together to fight a great evil or something

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Okay see. This is the problem.
    You are only thinking inside the Pokemon pre-defined box.
    The game doesn't need to be rendered in pixel art. The game doesn't need to be a one-dimensional top down platform. The game doesn't need to have turn based closed in battles.
    Believe it or not there are other programming methods to gaming =o
    Please don't be so close minded. And please don't yell at me over the Internet lol

So you're telling me I'm the only person in the world who thinks it would be fun to play a different kind of Pokemon game? Huh...

Did I at any point in time say they should stop making Pokemon games?
    No.
    I said they should try and think outside their predefined box...

No need to nerd rage.
    I have been playing Pokemon since elementary. Before red and blue. Before the TV show. Back when my friend had green and it was in Japanese and we had no idea what was going on.

I wasn't trying to suggest that the current stream of pokemon games are bad. Only that they are generic. Same thing, different names and pictures.
    Playing the same game over and over again for 15+ years might be fun for you. But I see so much more potential in the Pokemon franchise.

I don't know why this made you all so mad.
    All I want is a Pokemon game with more depth.
    Is that really asking so much?

You all do realize that Nintendo has the money and the resources to develop more then one game at a time, right?
    They could theoretically continue to mass produce their generic Pokemon games, WHILE working on more unique and advanced concepts. For those fans who need more depth in their gaming =]
    You're not the only to think it would be fun playing a different Pokemon. It can be teen rated rpgs or more improved pokemon colosseum, but no pokemon online please. For story person like me, I'm hoping for teen rated pokemon games. But both Nintendo and Gamefreak are too thickheaded and doesn't have the courage to do it. So they are just stick to the same formula over and over. Even if they create another game, it would just for kids because the older fans are just minority for them and not their main demographic target. Kinda strange if Gamefreak think the older fans are just minority seeing how many Pokemon fanart are there in pixiv.
    Pokemon BW are quite a step for that, but still not enough. The core formula is just still the same. If both gamefreak and nintendo really that good, they should have the ideas of creating an interesting pokemon game without introducing new pokemons IMO. Except when new generation come out.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021

I mean personal to other groups of people >.>;

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    It was not said should it be stopped completely, just no more new pokemon. I think they shouldnt make anymore new pokemon, gen V went downhill in their ideas. But they can still make games. Like they can make another XD concept for the wii. Or they can make a game that has gen 3,4,5 together since hg and ss has 1 and 2 in it. They can do many things to still make money without creating new pokemon because i feel they are running out of ideas on what to make and go and look back and twick old pokemon

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It was not said should it be stopped completely, just no more new pokemon. I think they shouldnt make anymore new pokemon, gen V went downhill in their ideas. But they can still make games. Like they can make another XD concept for the wii. Or they can make a game that has gen 3,4,5 together since hg and ss has 1 and 2 in it. They can do many things to still make money without creating new pokemon because i feel they are running out of ideas on what to make and go and look back and twick old pokemon

I'll repeat again that Black and White are shattering records and although you think they're "running out of ideas", the majority of people are loving it. Including their main fanbase. I love the new Pokemon, my new favorite is in there. Why should your opinion, the minority, be considered as what they should do? I can't wait to see the new ones that come out in Generation VI.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Oh please. You're telling me you wouldn't by a new Pokemon game unless they hacked up 200 new character for you? Geeze.
    Geez I love watching a tv series/movie series, read a novel, or play a series of video games with no new characters that's just so exciting! The name of the game is Pokemon so why would I want to play if there is no new Pokemon.

I didn't even buy black and white.
    I'm so sick of having 6 pokemon with brain damage that allows them to only learn 4 moves, while trying to beat 8 gym leaders so I can beat 4 more leaders, all the while having my rival harass me.

B-O-R-I-N-G

I've already done that... like a bazillion times...

Pokemon has so much amazing potential, and Nintendo just squanders it. Nintendos only tactic, with all of it's games, is to keep beating the dead horse, and jazz it's corpse up with more mindless gimmicks and hope no ones notices.
    I hate the same basic premise behind the game, but Nintendo doesn't care about boring they care about cash. Contests are mindless gimmicks? From what I have seen lots of people enjoyed it during the Third Generation. Same with Battle Frontier, the introduction of Wifi too the game that allows farther interaction between people. Which is one of their key focuses is interaction between players.

Since RPGs frequently win game of the year titles (That = more $$$ for you Nintendo) Why don't they try straying down that road?

I think they need to make a game with more emphasis on trainer creations. I don't want to be Ash. That's not what makes Pokemon fun for me. I want to make my own trainer, and make my own decisions and forge my own path through the Pokemon world. Not follow the EXACT linear stream I've been floating down since R/B
    Unlike games such as Knights of the Old Republic Pokemon does not rely on a decision based system. If it was I would have chose to join Team Rocket on Cerulean Bridge. Would it be nice too add more too the game then the basic generic stuff yes. But is that really going to happen?

They already are producing multiple games at a time just not Main Series games. There thought of branching the series out is through Spin Offs like Ranger, Rescue Team, Pinball, etc. If anything they will just make something similar to Colosseum or XD. So if they are working on Spin Offs along with the Main Series game do that really have the time and resources to work on a completely different series that have the same pokemon but different story lines?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013

I'll repeat again that Black and White are shattering records and although you think they're "running out of ideas", the majority of people are loving it. Including their main fanbase. I love the new Pokemon, my new favorite is in there. Why should your opinion, the minority, be considered as what they should do? I can't wait to see the new ones that come out in Generation VI.

I think what he trying to say is that Gamefreak shouldn't depend on creating new pokemon for each generation comes out. And he suggest Gamefreak to use more idea to create a hit pokemon games that is not a new generation with new pokemon or remake of older generation. Well, objectively BW doesn't bring out any groundbreaking idea to the franchise. The story? Mangas already do that better. The moving sprites? That thing is natural since game graphic is improved over the years. The very core gameplay are still the same, although I admit that is the main charm of main Pokemon Games.

Although its a bit late to response this post, I'm gonna post it anyway.
    I do agree that Pokemon have the most potential compared to other Nintendo franchise. Nintendo squanders the potential by just making games that targeted mainly for kids. Nintendo shouldn't worry about making higher rated Pokemon Games since they have many older fans especially in Japan. Seriously, just look how many are there of Pokemon fanarts in Pixiv.

I hate the same basic premise behind the game, but Nintendo doesn't care about boring they care about cash. Contests are mindless gimmicks? From what I have seen lots of people enjoyed it during the Third Generation. Same with Battle Frontier, the introduction of Wifi too the game that allows farther interaction between people. Which is one of their key focuses is interaction between players.
    They only care about cash....and too coward to take the risk on making a really new pokemon Game. I don't know what their problem really is. The demographic? Pokemon have many older fans, they shouldn't worry about it. But instead they keep playing safe creating pokemon games that mostly targeted for kids and up.

Unlike games such as Knights of the Old Republic Pokemon does not rely on a decision based system. If it was I would have chose to join Team Rocket on Cerulean Bridge. Would it be nice too add more too the game then the basic generic stuff yes. But is that really going to happen?
    Like I've said, they are just too coward. They have the skills, they have the moneys but doesn't have the courage.

They already are producing multiple games at a time just not Main Series games. There thought of branching the series out is through Spin Offs like Ranger, Rescue Team, Pinball, etc. If anything they will just make something similar to Colosseum or XD. So if they are working on Spin Offs along with the Main Series game do that really have the time and resources to work on a completely different series that have the same pokemon but different story lines?
    Yes they've created some spin-offs but that is not enough to fill the potential pokemon have. And since you brought up KOTOR before, Bioware, a few a months ago create 3 games simultaneously at the same time. And that games are Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, and Old republic. Those are pretty big titles. Seeing how much money Gamefreak have gained from Pokemon Series, I think they have the resources to create pokemon game simultaneously.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Like all the prior posts have said, why quit a money-making franchise? I still don't understand, no offence to anyone, why fans of the game are saying to end the creation of new pokemon. A new game with new pokemon shouldn't be something to dread. A lot of people said after Arceus, there'd be no pokemon. But they still anticipated the release of B/W with great vigor.

Real talk! I speculate it'll keep going for awhile, as it should.

Years
  • do you think pokemon have gone far enough
    i think nintendo shouldn't make any new pokemon becuase there is already 649 pokemon

So you're saying only 650 species can exist on one planet at any given time? That makes so much sense...

and i still barely know any of the unova pokemon

So? This is Nintendo's fault? Take some initiative and learn about them instead of blaming Nintendo for making "too many."

Also, you do realize GameFreak makes the games right? Nintendo just owns the franchise, but they don't actually make the games.

if they did make new pokemon they should just make new eves

I'm not even sure what you mean by "eves." Do you mean Eevee Evolutions, or just evolutions of old pokemon in general? Either way, that's a dumb idea. There's only so far any given evolutionary line can go. It makes much more sense to make new pokemon.

or just make more games with different storylines or become team rocket/magma/aqua/gallactic or the 1s from black and white

They're called "spin-offs" and there's already a ton of them. Here's a list of them, in fact. Though, I can't imagine the francise will do well if it's composed entirely of spin off games.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I don't really see a reason why they should stop making new Pokemon species and just make new regions, moves, etc. If they did, then people would just accuse GF of being lazy lol.

I'm kind of in between on every thing else on the thread, though. I personally loved how BW tried to mash the old formula up to give us all something new, but I could still see where people would get tired of it. My personal opinion is that the main games should stay the way a lot of fans love it and that the hugely drastic changes should be left to spinoffs, which have admitted been a bit lack luster lately imo. D:>

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I'd like different and more complex storylines but this game is aimed towards the young. I don't think Pokemon is going to stop anytime soon since its already insanely popular, I also don't want it to stop.

Back