• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Professor Oak is Ash's father?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
Years
  • I was recently watching a pokemon episode with Professor Oak and Ash. If you look at their pictures side by side you can really see the resemblance. What do all of you think? I wonder if they will every say who Ash's father is.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • In Pokemon, and all anime for that matter..almost everyone looks like they could be related.

And no, if Oak was Ash's father that'd be some messed up....

Because Ash obviously doesn't know lol

So yeah, I don't think they're going to ever tell who it is because it's been so long..what would his excuse be? Business trip? It's been like 10 years.

Years
  • Ash's mother would be into older men then. ;)

but it's clearly not the case, because oak isn't the type of person to live so close to his own flesh and blood and never visit/call etc. It would be vastly out of character for him.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • While eldershipping is one of the anime's most popular pairing, I don't think it confirms Oak as Ash's father. Oak was probably sterile from old age long before Ash was born. XD

My personal theory is that Ash's dad is long dead. :P

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I think this would be better suited for the TV Show/Movies board...
    Moved.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • Thats true, I never considered that fact that Oak is like 40 years older than ash's mom. With Ash being 10 and all (assuming he hasn't aged since he first started) that would make Ash's mom considerably young. I find it kind of dumb that Ash never finds out about is dad, but iy doesn't seem to bother him much. :)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Delia has a brown hair. Ash has black-vomit_green-shaded hair. You need someone with that gene as dominant. Professor Oak *coughhadcough* brown hair.

Sorry, but being the uncle of your rival is awkward anyways. Although, there could still be a chance of extramarittiality, if you know what I mean ;D

Last edited:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years

Are you aware of the fact that that would make Ash the Uncle of Gary? I really don't think that is likely, because no Uncle hates their Nephew that much and vice versa. Let's see...

Prof.Oak is 60-65.

Ash is 10. Gary is 10

It's safe to say that Gary's parents had him when they were 20 (this is the youngest I'll go)

So Oak's age minus 30 (10 for Ash, 20 for the parent) would turn up to about 30-35.

While this is still logical, this also means that Ash has a 30 year old Brother/Sister, which we know is not true.

Anyways, there are way too many holes in that theory. You wanna know what I think? I think that it is possible that the narrator is Ash's Dad who is recounting their adventures. Or maybe the narrator is Ash himself recounting his childhood. Anyways... yeah.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I thought Gary was a bit older than Ash in age.

Ash's dad was a pokemon trainer (it was mentioned somewhere in one of the old episodes iirc), I highly doubt Professor Oak is his dad, he's too old. He's (this is just a guess) in his 60's? lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Gary Oak is Professor Oak's grandson, and Ash is the same age as Gary, so I don't think that is too plausible. Also Ash's dad was a Pokemon trainer, and hasn't been seen for awhile (probably in a whole other country or region).

Also if Oak was Ash's father, then wouldn't he had told him?

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
  • Pft, well, that is the weirdest question ever. Anyway, among Pokemon fans, I think it is believed the either Giovanni (the leader of Team Rocket) was his father, or that the father of Ash passed away in his journeys. Either way, those sound way more plausible than that thought... eek, Deliah and Oak. Ugh, that is just disturbing...

Delia has a brown hair. Ash has black-vomit_green-shaded hair. You need someone with that gene as dominant. Professor Oak *coughhadcough* brown hair.

Sorry, but being the uncle of your rival is awkward anyways. Although, there could still be a chance of extramarittiality, if you know what I mean ;D

I would also like to explain things in a scientific manner. When a male and a female mate, yes, their genes combine to help form the imminent revelation of the physical appearance of the child. However, a gene that does not pop up as the pro-dominate type, IS still there. A gene can reoccur by chance, depending on the environment settings. You can have two parents. The father's mother and father both have black hair. The mother's parents have a blonde and a blacky. If the child is born with black hair and he grows to meet a black haired mate as well, there is about a 1-5% chance that the child could have blonde hair.

Last edited:

pokemonloverXD

I love Ash!
    Years
  • Prof.Oak is Ash's dad... Wait, then Ash is Gary's father O.O Never notice! So who's the mother?
    Joke aside. Obviously no, prof.Oak isn't and will never be Ash's dad

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Prof.Oak is Ash's dad... Wait, then Ash is Gary's father O.O Never notice! So who's the mother?
    Joke aside. Obviously no, prof.Oak isn't and will never be Ash's dad

No, he'd be his uncle ... Silly goose

Anyway, Oak is 60. Delia is 29. Why on Earth would a 19 year olf sleep with a 50 year old? And we can only assume Oak has kids, because Gary is his Grandson. And if he had kids, he (probably) had/has a wife. Pokemon wouldn't imply such sexual misconduct in a kids show

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Delia has a brown hair. Ash has black-vomit_green-shaded hair. You need someone with that gene as dominant. Professor Oak *coughhadcough* brown hair.
    Then again, Pokémon does defy the laws of science.

It was once mentioned from Delia that Ash's father would be very proud of him. This could either imply that his father is off on his own journey or he passed away. It does confirm that Prof. Oak is not Ash's father though. That would make things all too complex and to be honest a bit freaky. D:

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • Oak is Gary's grandfather. So can't be Ash's father anyway!

Yus, exactly.
    And anyway, if it was the case, don't you think that Ash's mother and Professor Oak would probably show their feelings during the few times we saw them together ?
    And also, Gary would be a member of Ash's family.
    Yus, and Ash's family name is Ketchum (something like that), and not Oak.
    So, it's impossible that Professor Oak is Ash's father.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back