• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Rukario is a legendary?

Do you think Rukario is a legendary?

• Yes

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Uhm...I don't know! *dies*

Votes: 14 15.4%

• Total voters

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    Hmm.. I think Rukario is a legendary. Why else would they be making a movie about him? All of the Pokemon movies involve legendarys, so yeah. I think he is a legendary.

Latias_Dream_Rider

Princess Mystery:Want to pair?
    Years
    That's kinda a duh..........(no offense) like Fire Torchic said,he was having his own movie.
    my friend, Trevor has PKMN XD and when ever you run into Rakario, he is super duper strong, and on this site called...............crud...i forgot..........anyway, it will tell you his moves,and all.
    But he may seem a bit on the short side, but he is strong.
    He will be on pearl & diomond i beleive,too.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Um..No.

Sorry, but its not really a 'duh' as you say it is.

Actually, I didn't even know Rukario was in XD o__O

But, back on topic, here are some reasons that Rukario might NOT be legendary.

1) he was once owned by a trainer
    2) not all Pokemon movies have to be based around all legendaries (like the third Pokemon movie with the unknown)
    3) What if the movie was really supposed to be based on Myuu again and not Rukario?

So, yeah.

The most solid reason there is that he was once owned by a trianer. Also, it doesn't really matter how strong the Pokemon is o___O

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Crazy Frogitist said:
    well yes its da star of the new movie (dont know wots called) im pretty sure its a legendary

Now, keep in mind how powerful MewTwo was. And he's not Legendary. He's genetic. And he was the star of the first movie. As far as Rukario goes, we probably won't really know until a game with him in it comes out (I've learned you can't count on the dub to be correct).

Last edited:

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Well Rukario saves that crystal cave thingy, i think he is the legend

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    Torchic_and_Pichu said:
    Um. Actually Mewtwo IS a legendarie.
    For those of you who don't know which Pokemon are legendary...
    1. Arcticuno
    2. Zapdos
    3. Moltres
    4. Mewtwo
    5. Mew
    6. Unown
    7. Raikou
    8. Entei
    9. Suicune
    10. Lugia
    11. Ho-oh
    12. Celebi
    13. Regirock
    14. Regice
    15. Registeel
    16. Latias
    17. Latios
    18. Kyogre
    19. Groudon
    20. Rayquaza
    21. Jirachi
    22. Deoxys
    Rukario I think it is a Legendary but I'm not putting it on this list for those of you who don't think it is a Legendary.

Tvan

Boiler Up!
    Years
    Well if you think about the pokemon on that list, Rukario seems pretty weak sauce. He's a cool pokemon, just not one that I would hope to be legendary.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Hm... I thought I posted here already... oh well!

The category of Legendary Pokemon is not such an easy thing to define. Other than them not being owned by a trainer (though we have seen one of them used in battle during the Battle Frontier), there's not much to define them.

They are supposed to be extremely powerful, but so can a Charizard if you train it enough. I don't think that power should be a criteria.

I think of legendary pokemon as pokemon that:

1. Revolve around a legend or legends. Uh, that should be a no-brainer.

2. Are hardly ever glimpsed by human eyes. Unless in extreme situations, or by trainers that are very VERY good.

3. Have some sort of connection to the planet. Mew, Ho-oh, Deoxys, etc, all have some connection to the way the planet works. Whether it be the origins of said planet, an element of the planet, the weather, etc. And I don't mean like the meek connection that all pokemon have, I mean something important, like a Snorunt can't just randomly start a huge blizzard that encompasses a mountain, and the planet won't start dying without it. It has to be a big connection.

So, um, Rukario is a pokemon that is owned by Aaron, but it's never said if he's rare or not. For all we know he could be quite common around the area, but is the only one that's been trained up a bit. Also, Rukario's role seems to be very similar to what Ash's roles usually are in the movies. He's there to save the Tree of Origin/Beginning and pretty much has the same role as Aaron and Ash. To me, that's not a legendary pokemon; that's a legendary hero. So, in conclusion, according to me, Rukario is not a legendary pokemon.

Though he is very cool and I did enjoy the movie. ^^;

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    A legendary is any Pok?mon that is one-of-a-kind or not there at all in the games. Pretty simple definition.

Now, seeing as I haven't even seen the movie and Diamond and Pearl aren't out... =/ I wouldn't know if it's legendary, really.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    I think it ?s a legendary, looking at the way it is introduced to us. It's first appearance is in a movie and it's the main Pok?mon in the movie, th?t's why I think it's a legendary.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    I don't think so since it was not very significant in the movie.

P.S.The following piece of information maynot very relate to the topic.
    But I don't know where to put it up but I want to tell it to you.

The producer apparently copied the idea from the renowned,classical horror masterpiece <TheShining> to create one of scenes of the ending which shown up twice. At the ending,there was a scene in which a painting hang on the wall changed with the newly-dead,focal pokemon(Rukario) of the movie appeared next to its owner(Aaron). The ending of <TheShining>:Before the credit came up,the family's father (a writer) who died in the winter "returned" in the family-picture-like century old photograph on the wall in the hotel where he went crazy and was stirred to murder by the ghost there. This scene became the icon of the movie because of its forgetfulness and special.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I don't know if it's legendary, but you can't imagine Rukario pop out as a Wild Pokemon from some grassy area. The question shouldn't be if it's legendary, it should be if it's uber.

Back