• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think that Pokemon shouldn't be too kiddy like?

Years
  • I've noticed that Ash became FRIEND-ish.
    Brock isn't here...
    I feel like a kid when i hear--"Oh no!", or some crying scenes and some thank you scenes, some nice to meet you scenes.

But i can hardly say that Hoenn had some funny quotes.

I had some favorite quotes like:
    *James just got bolted by Pika*
    James: At times like these make me wanna go straight..

and

Jesse: Who cares if we fail this time?
    James: We'll fail again next time too!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I can understand what you mean, but I don't honestly mind, I've gotten way used to it over the years.
    The writers have got to keep it somewhat child friendly though anyway, since they are aiming the show for children.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The show is aimed at children about the ages of seven to eleven. I assume the writers expect that as one generation of kids leave the show, a new generation of fans follow. This would also explain why the writers have to dumb down Ash a few notches every time he sets off on a new region. That way it feels like a fresh start to the new set of viewers. They especially did this with the Black and White series. I get what you mean by wanting to make it seem more mature though, I too sometimes feel the same way. But, the show isn't really focused on the older fans like us anymore, so they've kept it child-friendly for their real aim; the younger audience.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I would enjoy a more mature version of Pokemon, but I think the actual anime should stay as it is since the target audience is kids. Please Shopro, make a second version of the anime!
    I've noticed that Ash became FRIEND-ish.
    Brock isn't here...
    I feel like a kid when i hear--"Oh no!", or some crying scenes and some thank you scenes, some nice to meet you scenes.

But i can hardly say that Hoenn had some funny quotes.

I had some favorite quotes like:
    *James just got bolted by Pika*
    James: At times like these make me wanna go straight..

and

Jesse: Who cares if we fail this time?
    James: We'll fail again next time too!
    These quotes only exist in the dub though. I have no clue what Jessie and James say in the original, but I certainly know it has nothing to do
    with homosexuality :P. I found hilarious the one time James said "You know I like my balls... flaming!" He says bowls, but one can definitely hear balls xD!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The show was originally aimed at younger kids, but some darker elements (like more antagonistic teams such as Team Galactic) were introduced to make older people want to watch it.

Years
  • The show was originally aimed at younger kids, but some darker elements (like more antagonistic teams such as Team Galactic) were introduced to make older people want to watch it.
    Ahaha. But i heard Plasma was way more darker.
    Galactic, too, had a bit nude parts of their female admins.
    So that Jesse and James isn't trolling Ash that much, i feel younger.

I know that Pokemon are for 11 below, i just got 12 yesterday though.
    Well, a bit more mature and Rated E12+ would do.

Yeah, i wouldn't want vulgar words to be in Pokemon but something like this:
    No kiddy quotes.
    No FRIENDS ARE IMPORTANT scenes(But i love my friends).
    No OH NO quotes(Dawn has most of them).
    And more.

My dad once teased me, "Hey Jin. You still watch Pokemon? Be a real man that's only for kids.". Made me realize PKMN should a little mature.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Ahaha. But i heard Plasma was way more darker.
    Galactic, too, had a bit nude parts of their female admins.
    So that Jesse and James isn't trolling Ash that much, i feel younger.

I know that Pokemon are for 11 below, i just got 12 yesterday though.
    Well, a bit more mature and Rated E12+ would do.

Yeah, i wouldn't want vulgar words to be in Pokemon but something like this:
    No kiddy quotes.
    No FRIENDS ARE IMPORTANT scenes(But i love my friends).
    No OH NO quotes(Dawn has most of them).
    And more.

My dad once teased me, "Hey Jin. You still watch Pokemon? Be a real man that's only for kids.". Made me realize PKMN should a little mature.
    Don't worry, I'm 20 and I still watch it. Plus, I'm far from being the only one :P. Note that Team Rocket has been created partly to make the show appealing to adult audiences as well. They're more complex than the main characters.

Years
  • Don't worry, I'm 20 and I still watch it. Plus, I'm far from being the only one :P. Note that Team Rocket has been created partly to make the show appealing to adult audiences as well. They're more complex than the main characters.
    Rocketshipping fan?
    Lol, i really missed Jessie and James trolling Ash everyday.
    They were my faves when i was 8 too, Jesse being the ones who wear tuxedos, and James wearing gowns xD.
    Well, i feel more mature while im in this thread.
    SO IS E12+ GOOD?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • That's why they made B/W for the older generation, so that they have a wider audience and so that it's not just targeted at kids. Besides I don't think the games are kiddy really, the anime maybe, but not the games!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    " frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • This is the main reason I don't watch Pokemon anymore. But I have a suggestion: Watch the Japanese dub of Pokemon without subs or or other translations so you don't get to understand the episode.

Nah, just kidding. Anyway, I do agree with you. They should at least make it for 7 year olds, not for 2 or 3 year olds (as if they'd watch it anyway).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • When the anime first came out when I was little (like 6.5 years old) their politeness would bother the heck out of me but throughout the years, I have gotten use to it so i really do not care anymore.

:t354:TG

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Rocketshipping fan?
    Of course, lol. My sig makes it quite obvious :P!

Don't worry, Jessie and James eventually go back to their old trolling selves around episode 40 (which is actually #26, but that's weird so let's ignore that).

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Up until the B/W series I felt it was kiddy.

But Jessie and James seems to have taking seriousness into what they do.
    Unlike before. :3
    Less kiddie?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    They must be kiddish. Because its aiming for 6 YEAR OLDS. And the main purpose of the creators is definately to MAKE MONEY.

Dracorus

мαѕтєя σƒ ∂яαgσηѕ
    Years
  • They must be kiddish. Because its aiming for 6 YEAR OLDS. And the main purpose of the creators is definately to MAKE MONEY.

Ok, well, you do have a point there, BUT, what about people like me or any other teenager here that plays or watches pokemon? yes, sure, they could be more mature and everything.. that would make it more age- appropriate, but they still need to be for small kids too.. i just dont like the fact that its on at 7 in the morning ;-;

eightyeight0880

Shadow Avenger
    Years
  • I Like pokemon And all Have For a Long Time I Might Watch It Every Now and Then But It Is A Little Childish I mean It Could Have a Little Bit More Maturaty tp it But really The Game Is What Does It For Me. I Dont Know either way i will continue to catch in on it every now and then its somewhat addicting lol.

Back