• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Do You think that the pokemon on the older versions look weird?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    The graphics were bad but the design was good. I like when the Pokemon look different, because every Pokemon even of the same species can't look the same, can they? And some old sprites are more realistic than the new. It's not because I played those games first. Actually Silver was my first PM game and I never liked those sprites very much; the Pokemon were too fat and cute. Some Pokemon were also not coloured all right, because they used white colour as highlight on dark Pokemon, when they could have just used a brighter colour. I know the could, because not all sprites are like that in SGC. Silver has some good sprites, like
    Do You think that the pokemon on the older versions look weird?
    looks best in Silver; no other game has made its fire look so fierce, bright and strong.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry...But these games are very old, Of course the graphics/sprites aren't going to look as good....

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I don't think the older version pictures of pokemon are not weird. To tell the truth I think emerald/diamond/pearl have sum weird pictures of pokemon. lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Some Pokemon have become wierd in the new games, some have become better. The bad thing is that they won't change much anymore, so the sprites we see today will remain mostly as they are :(

Years
  • When I go back and play Red/Blue or my Japanese Green I think alot of the sprites are weird. It's just because they have gotten so detailed and colored in over time. There are weird look pokemon in alot of the games. I don't really see it as that big of a deal though.

Years
  • some of them were awful detailed, but some of them were actully cool, in Blue i liked Mewtwo's sprite (in battle). The only thing I hated about it, they didn't have their unique sprite image when you see yuor team. Dosen't matter I was only pointing that out.

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    PKMN Greem Sprites

scariest gengar eva!
    looks bit like big foot..

The best Sandslash sprite
    out of every Pocket Monsters game.
    Scares the hell outta me such a bad sprite

No question it looks good
    Pocket Monsters + Steriods I think so
    ....O.o thats all i can say
    Great sprite!
    Its a blob...a 5 year old could make that
    Judge that yourself!
    Heh big head
    Yes! they didn't screw Eevee up!

Love Pokemon Green
    ~Credits:
    ~Sprites from : https://www.Pokemonelite2000.com

Last edited:

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
  • If you ever play Red and Blue now you'll notice Geodude looks like a bunch of bubbles and Golbat's tongue is the same length as his face, but it's what me (and lots of people on the forum)grew up with and introduced them to Pokemon! But I can see what you mean they do look a bit weird...and I think Pikachu in the first games needs to lose weight! :D

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Squirtle looked ok. Besides the fact that he has no fingers or toes..*Lol*

But MEW is just bad...REALLY BAD..*Gawd*

But all the rest. meh they were pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I seem to be the only one liking the Green Mew. It isn't cute. It's ugly yes, but it has that ancient, mysterious and odd look about it. Mew is supposed to be a very old Pokemon, where all other Pokemon evolved from, so that appearance kind of suits Mew. But I like the cute one, too, especially the one i Blue.

Back