• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Do you think the Ash-Greninja link could happen with others?

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
  • I know we don't know exactly what really causes that mental link to happen between the two of them yet. Clemont is tracking it, and so far they've chalked it up to being due to their bond. Though, it's weird that suddenly a strong bond with your Pokemon triggers both Mega Evolution and some sort of link where your minds fuse.

This seems like something that could definitely happen between Ash and other Pokemon, or other trainers and their Pokemon. Until we know exactly what it is, it doesn't make sense for it to be only happening to Ash.

Even if it's the first case that anyone has heard of, do you think it could happen to others trainers and their Pokemon? If so, who? And would you even want it to?

I personally think it would be cool to see other characters tap into it, because it makes battles more interesting to me. Just something new after a lot of years, I suppose. c:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm.

I feel that Ash-Greninja is a tie in for Sun & Moon. I also feel like it's Mega Evolution... without a mega stone. I also think it's only a special case; something only Ash can do or something. The reason why I say this is because it feels like it's exclusive to him. Perhaps, though, once more people see Ash-Greninja, more people will discover they have this kind of power, too. I feel like Sun/Moon will have more on this, if there is an anime to be made for it. We'll see! For now, though, it's probably only exclusive to Ash, so rip.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Depends how it looks. Ash-greninja looks stupid I imagine others do as well.

Years
  • Unless if we get confirmation that Synchro Evolution is the new mechanic in Sun & Moon, I'll just call it being a thing only Ash can do for now. If the mechanic is confirmed to be in the games, I could see Ash getting another Pokemon acting like Greninja in that regard.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • If Serena gets a Delphox, I'd like to see her get a form like that. Or Sylveon since they're bond is really close too
    Seeing Serena trigger it with either of them would be neat. o: Though, she doesn't battle all too often anymore, so it would have to like... activate for a performance, hopefully in a way that would end up smoothly!

Hmm.

I feel that Ash-Greninja is a tie in for Sun & Moon. I also feel like it's Mega Evolution... without a mega stone. I also think it's only a special case; something only Ash can do or something. The reason why I say this is because it feels like it's exclusive to him. Perhaps, though, once more people see Ash-Greninja, more people will discover they have this kind of power, too. I feel like Sun/Moon will have more on this, if there is an anime to be made for it. We'll see! For now, though, it's probably only exclusive to Ash, so rip.

One thing I'm hoping for is that it's not exclusive to Ash. XD; It's so random, but it would become less so if other trainers could pull it off with their Pokemon in time.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    It did happen with somebody else. In XY&Z006, Sanpei shows Satoshi and co. a painting of an old Gekkouga that looks somewhat like Satoshi-Gekkouga. At the end of XY&Z007, he and the other members of the village draw the connection between that painting and the brief glimpse they got of Satoshi-Gekkouga in that episode.

Of course, we still don't know why it happens. Is it something related to Puni-chan and the whole Zygarde plot? Or is it something about Satoshi and/or this particular Gekkouga, specifically, that's independent of that? A new Gen. VII feature that we'll find out more about in the Sun & Moon anime? We just don't know, so it's hard to make statements about who else it can happen to.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • Well, those stones on the wrists of the protagonists don't seem to be keystones, so maybe Sun and moon won't have Mega Evolution, it might have a bunch of strong trainers with these stronger 'burst forms'.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • It did happen with somebody else. In XY&Z006, Sanpei shows Satoshi and co. a painting of an old Gekkouga that looks somewhat like Satoshi-Gekkouga. At the end of XY&Z007, he and the other members of the village draw the connection between that painting and the brief glimpse they got of Satoshi-Gekkouga in that episode.

Of course, we still don't know why it happens. Is it something related to Puni-chan and the whole Zygarde plot? Or is it something about Satoshi and/or this particular Gekkouga, specifically, that's independent of that? A new Gen. VII feature that we'll find out more about in the Sun & Moon anime? We just don't know, so it's hard to make statements about who else it can happen to.
    Oh my gosh, I completely about that foreshadowing, but that's neat. O:

I know it's a stretch to ask who else it could happen, but that was more of a fun "what if?" question, like "what would be cool to you?", rather than what could logically happen in the anime. Since, yeah, we dunno what causes it yet!

Well, those stones on the wrists of the protagonists don't seem to be keystones, so maybe Sun and moon won't have Mega Evolution, it might have a bunch of strong trainers with these stronger 'burst forms'.
    Mmmhmm, we anime watchers are sitting here going "Please have a connection". A burst form in the games would be cool IMO, but I know that's not a lot of people's cup of tea. Though, whatever is going on with Ash and Greninja seems just like a stronger form of Mega Evolution, and in that way it could work in the games!

I would also be lying if I said I didn't want it to be more common in the anime, but. 8|

Back