• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be an update??

dontstay96

Grass-man
Years
  • So since the announcement of ORAS Game Freak has been announcing new stuff (mega evos, primal forms), do you think that there will be a patch for XY to support all these new stuff???

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I imagine that there will be, since all games of a generation have been compatible with each other in the past (like how HG/SS can battle/trade with D/P/Pt). Since they can do updates and patches, I see no reason for them to not do that so X/Y players can play with ORAS players.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'm sure there will be.

After all, it's not like they didn't know that they would be releasing ORAS not too long after X/Y. I'm fairly certain they would have planned ahead so that they can ensure the two games are compatible with each other.

Pinta77

It would be really awesome to see an update =) maybe throw in a few extra things while they're at it

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I sure hope so.
    But then again, maybe not?
    The trailer did tell us that Diancee can only be obtained in X and Y and its Megastone is only available in OR and AS. =/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I highly doubt it. I mean, the 3DS isn't capable of rewriting the game data on a physical game (the digital game sure, Nintendo could just rewrite some stuff and replace your game data on the SD card with the new one) I don't know why people think "Patches" are the same as "completely new game data". What's most likely is that either all the mega evolutions are already in the game and the hackers just haven't found it yet (after all, no one has found a way to get the Soul Dew into X or Y even though it does exists in the game data. If the hackers were so good they would be able to make the item appear in the game data the way that the Power Saves were able to do with the other in game items) and they are in a different address than where the currently found mega evolutions were found and when the new games interact with the old games, that data is unlocked OR the less likely situation of just not allowing hold items to be traded between the games (thus preventing new mega evolutions from going to the old games) but in either case, you can't actually have a patch add game data because, again, the 3DS can't rewrite a physical game cartridge. The patches they added to fix errors like the save in Lumiose bug is completely different than actually adding characters and such to the game. So like I said, either the data is already in X and Y and the hackers just haven't found it yet (and if you think they HAVE found everything you can find in the game's data, give me 2 soul dews and I will believe you! ;-) ) as Blaziken with it's blazikenite is a prime example, OR they will simply prevent the mega stones from being tradeable (like all the other hold items) it would explain why pokebank won't allow transfer of items even between X and Y.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The game can be patched to be able to read the new stuff, like the new Megas. However, the danger then comes in the update being applied, the new stuff being obtainable in X/Y, and the update data being deleted. What then? You can do that now, deleting the updates, and the Lumiose Save Bug™ returns. So, if there is an update, DO NOT delete it or you may bug your game if you, say, trade the Sablite or whatever it's called and then remove the update. The item may just vanish in your bag or from a Sableye's hands and it's like it ceases to exist. Reapplying the update after handing Sableye another item may cause conflicts. So don't delete the update, as Nintendo would likely presume you are not going and deleting that, but some could do it by accident.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The game can be patched to be able to read the new stuff, like the new Megas. However, the danger then comes in the update being applied, the new stuff being obtainable in X/Y, and the update data being deleted. What then? You can do that now, deleting the updates, and the Lumiose Save Bug™ returns. So, if there is an update, DO NOT delete it or you may bug your game if you, say, trade the Sablite or whatever it's called and then remove the update. The item may just vanish in your bag or from a Sableye's hands and it's like it ceases to exist. Reapplying the update after handing Sableye another item may cause conflicts. So don't delete the update, as Nintendo would likely presume you are not going and deleting that, but some could do it by accident.

okay, seriously that's not even REMOTELY how it works at all. Look at the whole kerfuffle with Tamadotchi Life and no same sex relationships. Nintendo has stated verbatim they can't change the game fundamentally at the late stage to allow something like that in the game, so if Nintendo can't change some code to allow fictional marriage between two in game characters explain how they can possibly add new 3D models of pokemon into an existing game? They can't. They already stated they can't. My point still stands in that the data is already in the game just not unlocked OR there (unlikely) will be no reverse trading from Hoenn to the current Kalos games, which is where Pokemon Z would come in so they can all go back to Kalos when that game comes out. (Again, unlikely) but the fact that the hackers found the mega LAtios and Latias just proves that there is already hoenn mega pokemon in the data, the hackers just haven't found where. (I mean really, how is that LESS likely than nintendo adding new polygon data, animations and whatnot to physical games through a device that cannot write to a cartirdge which in and of itself is not designed to be rewritten?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    okay, seriously that's not even REMOTELY how it works at all. Look at the whole kerfuffle with Tamadotchi Life and no same sex relationships. Nintendo has stated verbatim they can't change the game fundamentally at the late stage to allow something like that in the game, so if Nintendo can't change some code to allow fictional marriage between two in game characters explain how they can possibly add new 3D models of pokemon into an existing game? They can't. They already stated they can't. My point still stands in that the data is already in the game just not unlocked OR there (unlikely) will be no reverse trading from Hoenn to the current Kalos games, which is where Pokemon Z would come in so they can all go back to Kalos when that game comes out. (Again, unlikely) but the fact that the hackers found the mega LAtios and Latias just proves that there is already hoenn mega pokemon in the data, the hackers just haven't found where. (I mean really, how is that LESS likely than nintendo adding new polygon data, animations and whatnot to physical games through a device that cannot write to a cartirdge which in and of itself is not designed to be rewritten?)

Dude calm down. its so easy, they just have to make a patch/digital dlc, or more easyer, what if that data its already ingame but blocked?

Being on the main topic, i hope they make that, we need to enter the blocked caves/terminals to see whats going on there!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they'd like these games to fit in with OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, then they probably have to. OR/AS are going to introduce new mega-evolutions (as well as primal Pokémon), and while battling online across these games and those, XY must have their data; what other way do we have to get a hold of them than an update? Haha.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • The question is - Will New MegaStone be trade-able to XY? Yes or No?

As for "XY has to have the new data to match online with ORAS"

Ummm... What about the Platinum Exclusive forms of Giratina and Shaymin? You didn't need a patch in Diamond for a Platinum Player to use them. It all worked then, as it will now.

I wonder if the data is hidden on XY. It is possible, Hackers can't be expected to find everything. So, Trading with ORAS might Un-Hide those files.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016

That does kinda make sense, I mean, it was really difficult to trade from D/P/Pl/HG/SS to B/B2/W/W2 especially because you needed an additional DS.

However, this was only because B/B2/W/W2 were optimised for DSi. I think there will definitely be backwards compatibility between Kalos and Hoenn, I think everything will be in the game without any difficulty though. It's been the same every generation. I reckon it's all there just waiting for it to be unlocked by events.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    Just how "patchable" are XY anyway? Like, how much space is on the cart versus how much space do the games take up? If the cart is much larger than the game, wouldn't it be possible that Gamefreak could just release patches or DLC that could actually add new content, at least up to a point? I wouldn't expect anything akin from turning a Gen I experience into Gen VI with just a download, but it's possible they could add entirely new content right?

Maybe the lack of XY postgame was something planned to give incentive for downloading additional optional stuff?

Back