• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think they should have made another Eeveelution in Unova?

New Eeveelution? Or Not?

• Total voters

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
  • I think they should have made a flying and rock type Eeveelution.
    It would be so cool.

Mod note: A reminder that this thread isn't for stating what Eeveelutions you want to have, but rather how you'd feel if there were new Eeveelutions in Unova, and whether that would destroy the "all new" thing going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yes! Of course! There's always room for more Eevloutions. I was hoping they'd make a Fighting and Ghost type Eevolution next. I have perfect names for them! Kickeon and Duskeon.

I hope they have 16 Eevolution eventually!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    No. I think that they recycled Eevee enough already, I like the Eeveelutions, but there are enough of them. I don't even really like Glaceon and Leafeon, that was already too much imo.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i love the evolutions and i think they need to keep makeing them

Years
  • First: You misspelled "definitely" and "maybe".

Second: I'm not at all opposed to more eeveelutions. However, as stated above, Unova is a completely unique region. Every pokemon there is found only there and has no connections to pokemon from other regions at all. Throwing in a couple of new eevee evolutions would be a bit out of place. Perhaps in Gen VI.

Years
  • I like the earlier forms but they've been recycled way too much and there's already too many to have in a single team. And if they made more, it would just be the same pokemon with slightly different stats, moves and typing. When there's much better pokemon that actually earn an evolution or new evolution lines that could be created.
    And like the others said, Gen5 was meant to be a complete renewal of the pokemon series, hence no new evolutions and you must play through the game with only gen5 pokemon.

Years
  • First: You misspelled "definitely" and "maybe".

Second: I'm not at all opposed to more eeveelutions. However, as stated above, Unova is a completely unique region. Every pokemon there is found only there and has no connections to pokemon from other regions at all. Throwing in a couple of new eevee evolutions would be a bit out of place. Perhaps in Gen VI.

Yeah, I think Gen VI could see new Eeveelutions.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • There's a reason why GameFreak didn't make a new Eeveelution in Gen V: they wanted players to have a "fresh start" with new Pokemon and having any of them relate to old Pokemon may ruin that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    They already pushed it too far with Leafeon and Glaceon. Making more would just be an excuse for lack of creativity.

Years
  • Another eeveelution would have been nice but I think would have felt wrong with the feel of the games. I'm hoping one day they have eeveelutions for all the types, but this was supposed to be a new game with new pokemon and no new evolutions or anything from older pokemon.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Defiantly? :laugh:

Anyways, I would like more eeveelutions, but this region was supposed to be a brand new, "fresh" start, so I don't think they were necessary.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • There weren't any pre/post evolved forms of any other Pokemon. I don't see why Eevee should've been treated any differently. I wouldn't care even if it had, because we already have Jolteon who pretty much has the best stats spread anyway.

Years
  • I wouldn't have minded if there had been one, but it didn't really need one and, as has been said, it would have detracted from the uniqueness and starting-over-ness of BW.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Eevee is meant to be adaptable, looks like it doesn't adapt to Unova. A Steel type for the urban Unova and Ground Type for it's lack of much water would work :D

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • Not really, I think Eevee has enough Evolutions, and it is unique as it is.
    Not a big fan of Eevee anyway, I think other Pokemon deserve evolutions before Eevee gets more :)

~Kian

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've already voiced my annoyance at the "completely new, totally far away and separate, nothing from the older generations" vibe that they gave Unova, so yeah I wish there were more Eeveelutions in Unova. It would have made it so there was at least some sort of familiarity in the games, so it wasn't quite such an alienating experience.

If I had to choose, I think they should have gone with a Flying-type so that it would have a reason to be found in Unova, or a Dragon-type because Unova does seem very Dragon-heavy so it would have fit right in lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nope, since it's an all new start, why randomly throw in Eeveelutions if there's no other old Pokemon? :(

Really, they seem like gen 6 things, according to the pattern sorta, of skipping R/S and yeaah.

Back