• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think they should reorganize the national pokedex?

Do you think they should reorganize the National Pokedex?

• Yes

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

c123

Cool Trainer
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    I think that in the next pokemon games the national pokedex should be reorganized. Mainly because I think that all pokemon that evolve should have their evolutions right next to each other. For examaple
    Magby's evolutions are all over the place. Magamar is in the 1st gen, Magby's in the 2nd gen. and Magmortar is in the 4th gen. I just think it would be a lot easier to navigate through if everyones evolution were right next to each other.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • yea that makes alot of sense. At first I thought D/P would have this feature but I guess not. But the National Pokedex must go in numerical order though as they say

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • I see where you're coming from, but I believe it's fine as is.

However, they could make an optional Evolution dex, that'd be nice. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    c123, please don't try to bypass the character limit. Anyone can write more than that. =/

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Something like the Johto Dex thing in G/S woud be good, but that's why National Dexes are made, it's just that they don't contain all the Pokémon. However, some (like me) are already used to the numbers so mixing them would confuse us.

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
  • This ist probably my biggest pet peeve in the game. They need to reorganize the pokedex and create a more current version. Although, it would be cool if they had the "Switch" option available in the new pokedex. That way, you could switch between region and new order.

My friend and I have debated this for a while and we both agree that it's time to get a new national pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I don't think so. The organization has always been like that for the National Dex and to change it now would be a mistake, not to mention would annoy & confuse some people.

However, they could make an optional Evolution dex, that'd be nice. :3

^That would be a good idea, though.

Years
  • I'm kind of used to the way it is now. I mostly just use the search thing anyways. But I guess an option would be nice for some people.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    yea.. because i was completing my dex.. and there was an empty spot after golbat.. so i spend time on evolving it.. to find out i already had crobat!

I'm kind of used to the way it is now. I mostly just use the search thing anyways. But I guess an option would be nice for some people.

yea, for stupid morons like me.. well, better than to live in a state with a bush-governor

Years
  • Yeah, I like the evolution dex idea, it would be helpful, maybe even a type dex while they're at it.

I think they should make it easier to organize the PC boxes, too. I spent around an hour trying to sort my PC, and it's still not very good.

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I think they should just leave it. It just shows that is the original order of the pokemon "discovered" from Prof. Oak's point of view. Anyways that's why they have the Shinnoh dex and all the others to have the evolution chains together.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    yea, for stupid morons like me.. well, better than to live in a state with a bush-governor

Watch your mouth, Dutch_Courage. That part of your post was un-needed.

Ftkatyowser

~I Love (Provolone) CHEESE~
    Years
  • I think they should keep the national dex the way it is, but different ways to organize it could be nice- the afformentioned evolution dexs, sort by region, even a "sort-it-yourself" feature while keeping the numbers would be cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    In my opinion, the National PokeDex should just have a full revamp. I'm referring to having an organization prior to which game they first come out in. Example:

Kanto Dex >> Bulbasaur, Mew, Slowbro
    Johto Dex >> Typhlosion, Bellossom
    Hoenn Dex >> Armaldo, Metagross, etc.
    Sinnoh Dex >> Giratina, Mesprit, Heatran, Prinplup

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Evolution based is not a bad idea (wow then it's Eevee,vaporeon,Jolteon,Flareon,Espeon,umbreon,leafeon,glaceon in order) but national number ordered dex should stay. some people remember certain pokemon (national)number and feel easier to search that way.

PARAN01A

E-Tards FTL!
    Years
  • i vote yes for w/e we are all voting for, w/e i feel like looking at my pokedex, it anoys me to see magmar in one place, and magby in another and the fat evolution of them somewhere else, they should be organized!

Back