• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think they're running out of ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    The only time I thought they were running out of ideas was when they were in the Hoenn region deal. I mean... Ugh. The Pokemon there were absolutely horrible.

I don't believe that they are running out of ideas, but there is always going to be the average hater or disliker to the new games who is going to want to bash SOMETHING or other and say, "huuur they runnig outta ideeeeyyyaaaa!" and cry like a baby over it. I don't think they are. It's just hard to keep Pokemon from slightly resembling one another when there are so many Pokemon in the 'world'.

Now when it comes to actual STORYLINES, yes. I do believe that they are running out of ideas. Especially with Hoenn, of course. And Orre. But I feel that they got their act back together after Sinnoh, because I liked Team Galactic. They were okay. Second only to Team Rocket. So. I think they are okay. I just hope they never do a story like they did in Hoenn ever again.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    If they have new species of Pokemon, then I don't think they are running out of ideas, but gamewise, it seems like they are recycling some old things, such as rival personalities and such.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    If they have new species of Pokemon, then I don't think they are running out of ideas, but gamewise, it seems like they are recycling some old things, such as rival personalities and such.

every game is a recycling of the one before it, the only thing we have to look forward to being new is the pokemon.

for the most part i think they are still thinking creatively. sometimes i do think they go overboard with it, like they are going over the top just to impress, like some of the additional evos, rhyperion, electivire, etc, were just unnecessary

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    every game is a recycling of the one before it, the only thing we have to look forward to being new is the pokemon.

for the most part i think they are still thinking creatively. sometimes i do think they go overboard with it, like they are going over the top just to impress, like some of the additional evos, rhyperion, electivire, etc, were just unnecessary

i agree

i hope if they do give old pokemon move evolutions (hope to hell not, except for those in need of one: pachirisu& dunsparce) they dont screw it up like rhyperior -_-"
    it has no rhydon-ness to it, just a ugly dis-formed rhydon with armor on it -_-"

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    Are Black and White really new?

How could they possibly come up with new ideas? They've already got...

Time, Space and Shadows
    Do you think they're running out of ideas?

Willpower, Knowledge and Emotion

Every Natural Element

Nature Itself

Life and Death

and GOD!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    How about, Angels and Demons? Suits Black and White I think.

Years
    Yeah, I'm a little apprehensive about this fact as well. Maybe they will make the legendaries another 'natural' experiment. Like Mew/Mewtwo.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    How could they possibly come up with new ideas? They've already got...

Time, Space and Shadows

Willpower, Knowledge and Emotion

Every Natural Element

Nature Itself

Life and Death

and GOD!
    Merged your thread into the "running out of ideas" thread since they mostly cover the same topic.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Life and Death
    Darkrai DOES NOT represent Death
    And Cresselia DOES NOT represent Life
    Those concepts (life and death) could be a good option for the new legendary duo, along with the Ying-Yang idea and the Angels and Demons ones.

Running out of ideas? I don't think so; they've added some good things in both Gen III and Gen IV, and I expect it to be the same in Gen V...
    About Pokémon, the only one I don't like (of the five we have right now) is Zoroark(the one I though was gonna be great) and my favorite is Tsutaaja.
    I noted that these Pokémon have a very different look, style maybe, that makes them look different from past gens. Look at Nidoran and then at Zorua. Or look at Squirtle and then at Mijumaru. See what I mean?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Why do you always claim my threads as you own? WHY?!

your wrong Darkria represents the dark half of the moon
    and cresselia represents the light half

basically new VS full moon

Years
    What? HELL NO

Look, there are over a billion species of animals on the planet, and thousands of legends as well. Look on Deviant Art to see what kind of Pokemon can be made.

Running out of ideas? Pfft, yeah right. They also said they want to stop at Gen 6, BTW.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    If the starters are the standard, yes, they are running out of ideas. On the flipside, Zorua and Zoroark are quite well-done. So, it could be either way for me.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    What? HELL NO

Look, there are over a billion species of animals on the planet, and thousands of legends as well. Look on Deviant Art to see what kind of Pokemon can be made.

Running out of ideas? Pfft, yeah right. They also said they want to stop at Gen 6, BTW.

if they really end it at gen6, they will make gen7 the remake generation lol
    every region will be upgraded then lol

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
    If so many on DevArt and such sites, that create Fakemon have better ideas then them, then yes they ARE losing creativity.
    The creators on DevArt that i know of have such great ideas that I wish were in the game or the creators to think up something to that level.

Years
    Wow! now that I think about it, they don't seem to be really WORKING at the moment...

I mean when was the last pokemon with CLAWS for Arceus' sake!??!?!?!?

actually, you're right, they have drained all of the emotions possibly thinked of

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    There is one very realistic and simple answer to your question as to whether they are running out of ideas, and that answer is:

No

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back