• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen do you think this is the last genaration?

Years
    There are rumors of some really big, earth-shattering news. My mind immediately went to "these are the going to be the last Pokemon games." But even that seems too far out. At the most I could see these being the last handheld games or the last games to introduce new Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2013
    I hope not, but they are running out of themes, they have pretty much every legendary they can. Time, space. dimension, God, ect.
    But pokemon is such a massive success that I can see it going on for a very long time. even if someone else takes over.

Years
    Nope. I don't think it will be the last generation! All good things come to an end tho :(

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
    Years
    no, well i hope not.
    though they are running out of ideas, i mean cotton candy pokemon

Years
    Judging from the 3D and the shift to France, I'm thinking they're just getting started. I don't even think it's the beginning of the end.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Definitely not. The series is a huge source of money and it's still widely popular today. In another 10 years? Maybe, who knows? But definitely not this generation.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Its too much of a money maker for it to stop, especially since their putting forth so much to make this generation epic. If it was the last they would have stayed lazy with it and moved on to something else.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I'm hoping that this is the last generation where they add new Pokemon. After this, they should do 3D remakes of the past games and focus more on gameplay rather than trying to think up new Pokemon. (I mean, cotton candy and perfume? Seriously?)

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    More than likely not.. I'm sure they have idea, after idea, after idea. I'm not sure if it'll last another 10 years though, probably one or two generations after this and it'll be over.

Brolywrath

Forever my Soubi
    Years
    Let's hope not.

I'm hoping that this is the last generation where they add new Pokemon. After this, they should do 3D remakes of the past games and focus more on gameplay rather than trying to think up new Pokemon. (I mean, cotton candy and perfume? Seriously?)

I would love to play 3D remarks of Red and Blue.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Considering the cost to develop the new art style and construct the new game, we can expect Gen 6 to have at least 4-6 3DS Games. Just so GF can get as much money out of the new status quo.

After that, we might seen giant changes to the main series. Who knows?

From the business side of thing, keeping Pokemon Hand-held only serves one purpose - Console seller. Nintendo needs titles of this caliber to keep the portibles alive. Pokemon was one of the VERY FIST games designed specifically for the Gameboy platform. :15:

tnfsf11

No, just no.

Also
    Judging from the 3D and the shift to France, I'm thinking they're just getting started. I don't even think it's the beginning of the end.
    Couldn't put it better than this tbh.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    Alright look, first off, it is our first step into the 3D world with Pokemon, in terms of main series games. Second, the location move to France kind of makes me think that later games will have a more European setting. Or they could go back to America, they only really did do New York. Third, Pokemon makes too much money for them to give up now. I give it at least 4 more generations of new regions and Pokemon before Game Freak and Nintendo call it quits and even then, someone else could pick it up. Have you ever just searched Fakemon in deviantart? Their are literally tens of thousands. They are not out of ideas. They just aren't shoving all of the good ones into one generation at a time. They're spreading it out. That's why we get stupid **** like Vanillish and this cotton candy Pokemon. Pokemon is nowhere near done. There are so many directions they can go with it. They could continue on the path they are, slowly upgrading everything with each new generation, they could make an official MMO and it could be on the 3DS, they could make main series console games on the Wii or other systems, they could say "**** our ideas, lets go to the fans" and make a generatin based entirely off of Fakemon (very unlikely I know but I can dream). I could go on but, I won't. Main point, they are not done. Don't expect them to be for a while. And when they are, be ready because you could be the one to buy the rights to Pokemon and make it greater than it already is.

Back