• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you tip?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When people do certain services for you in Pokémon X and Y, you get to hand tips over to them. Tipping don't necessarily do anything, but theory has it that by doing this, you'd be increasing your shiny encounter rate. So, anyhow, what do you think about tipping? Have you done it before? If so, then what's the largest amount of cash that you've ever tipped? :p

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Yeah, I always tip the maximum amount too. I have too much money :P Earlier on when I had just started the game I often chose the smaller amounts, but I don't think I ever refused to give a tip.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • As far as I'm aware, tipping increases how stylish you're rated, I don't know your shiny encounter rate....... Stylishness allows you to get discounts and things in Lumiose city though :)

I always give a tip and I always give the highest amount possible :) I would love if it increased your shiny encounter rate though :)

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • Yeah, I always tip the maximum amount too. I have too much money :P Earlier on when I had just started the game I often chose the smaller amounts, but I don't think I ever refused to give a tip.

I accidentally refuse a tip in Le Wow sometimes because it's automatically on "no" when i'm mashing a to get her to shut up so i can save

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I accidentally refuse a tip in Le Wow sometimes because it's automatically on "no" when i'm mashing a to get her to shut up so i can save

so whether or not you spam A or B there you're going to refuse to tip :P That happened to me once at the very start when I didn't realise I'd be asked to tip, and I refused, then I felt so bad I talked to them all over again so I could tip them :P

Years
  • I tend to tip the highest amount available, and I don't really have issues raising my money now given I've been hitting the 9,999,999 cap anyway. I did manage to unlock tipping 10,000 Pokedollars in Restaurant Le Nah which I guess happens when you unlock that star next to certain battles in the restaurants.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I always tip the highest amount. I think I'm banked on P$3.5m right now, so I'm pretty good to go.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    Money really isn't an issue for me but I was wondering, how do you check how "stylish" you are? I can't access the clothing stores in Lumiose and Mega Stones cost 500k each.. O.o

Years
  • Visiting all the Cafés is a good start. It's definitely enough to get you in to the Boutique.

Otherwise, just check the price of the Mega-Stones. The lower the better. The lowest they go is 10,000, I think.

Years
  • I used to not tip because, well, they're not real, but at a certain point I became either rich enough or guilty enough to start tipping the max amount. Not sure which :P

Years
  • I like to tip often, mostly because i'm a nice guy. I remember the first time I was in that scary house on Route 14 I was going to tip (as ridiculous as I thought it was) but accidentally said no. xP Although yeah, I don't mind doing it. I like throwing away money.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Isn't it ironic how they introduce tipping in the region that's based on France? (They don't tip in France)

Anyway, I'm at Le Wow all of the time so I get my tipping in there, but there are many times when I accidentally say no.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Don't know why, but being the good guy I am, I always tip, preferably the largest amount - even if tipping doesn't do anything I just do it, my grandma taught me to be a respectful person... on occasions I do forget like SamStyle mentioned above me:
    especially when I'm rushing to save my journey.

I accidentally refuse a tip in Le Wow sometimes because it's automatically on "no" when i'm mashing a to get her to shut up so i can save

That happens a lot to me, just like you mention, when I'm desperate to save my journey.

Back