• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you train them all, or only the select few?

Do you train all/most of your pkmn or just a "select few" of "super" pkmn?

• I train all/most of them.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I train a "select few" of "super" pkmn.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

John_123

Pok�mon Trainer
Years
  • Hey. I was just wondering whether people here choose to train up a strong lineup of "super" pokemon whilst playing and following the story battles, or whtehr they choose to train up all/many of their pokemon so you have an overall strong team? Just curious? I find that I tend to train only a select few, but I find the games more exciting when you train up alot of them gradually so that your pokemons levels are on parr or at least similar to those of say, the Gym leaders you are fighting. I don't like it when I've got one or pkmn that are like ten levels higher than the oppositions as it takes the challenge and fun out fo the games. What do you all think? :classic:
    John.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    I train them all equally, or try to, this way I can kick some major ***. ^^

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • I tried to keep them all up at a certain level.Then after the League i just didn't train much.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Always trained eerily organized. For instance, in Fire red leaf green, I always had my starter (charmander pokes) 3 levels higher than the others. The rest were always the same level. Put on epokemon up a level, then switch and train the next one, etc/. Unless I was in a gym or something like the ghost tower in Lavendar, which is when the pokemon who is effective is trained more..

Years
  • If you're talking about within a team, I train everyone. If you only have one guy trained, you'll get completely pwned by something strong against him, eventually. The only reason to do something like this is if you're doing something like a solo challenge, and have to.
    I usually have a bunch of guys kicking around in my boxes, for Pok?dex, who I don't even look at, though. XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • First time I played Pokemon Blue, I only trained one Pokemon until about the 8th gym and then I had to spend ages training up the weeker ones.
    After that I learnt to train all Pokemon equally.

Years
  • i try to keep the pokemon in my party withen about 5 levels of each other. if i find a new pokemon to add to my party, i just give it a exp. share, and comtinue on the adventure. i do train some of the pokemon in the PC. mostly for pokedex reasons. i'll ocasionally take out pokemon and use it ahwile, because i feel sorry for them. i mean, getting locked up in a box for all enturnity :dead:

do you feel sorry for the weak ons collecting dust in tha box :P

Back