• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you train your Pokemon evenly throughout the story?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I keep my non-starter Pokemon at the same levels (and even at around the same amount of EXP needed to get to the next level); my starter is always 2 or so levels ahead of those Pokemon.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I try to keep them pretty even these days, but when I was little my starter would have 10+ levels on the others. XD

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    I always try to, sometimes a particular Pokémon gets a few levels ahead, but that's inevitable really, because a specific Pokémon will be good against a particular Gym Leader.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I always train 5 Levels apart, in the order I caught my Pokemon in, so my starter will always be the highest in level mostly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    When I was younger I would only train Typhlosion (I only chose Typhlosion...) and Suicune a little in Crystal. Now I usually train about 3 evenly but sometimes 5/6. I always want to go back and try it with just a starter again.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • I often train a few more than I do the others because my opponents seem to be weak against a few of my Pokemon but not the others, like my current Black team has 3 Pokemon of Level 65+ and 3 that are under Level 55.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • Definitely! I constantly rotate the pokemon in my team so that they are all on the same level. I'm even a bit of a neat freak when it comes to the layout of my party too; I keep the pokemon in the order of lowest level to highest so that I know whos needing trained next. :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    In B/W I tried really hard and had 4-5 Pokemon all around the same level. In previous games I had a starter and maybe 1 other Pokemon at a ridiculous level and 4 other low level ones.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I try to but starters just have better stats than Rattatas and Caterpies, therefore they level faster etc and it's a vicious circle lol. But yes I try to level all my Pokémon evenly, because I HATE it when I have to catch up.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I always try my best too yeah, if there's 4 Pokémon to train and one is 38 and the others are low 30's it will be a pain to catch up but I always make sure there's at most a 2 level difference between them. I always try and train 6 now as it used to be something like 2-4, on my Platinum version I've got a team of 6, the highest 41 and the lowest 39 so that shows you I'm kind of a perfectionist.

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
  • I try to, but in some games it's pretty difficult to lvl up 4-6 Pokes at once. I found that in HG/SS it was VERY difficult to lvl up a full team all at once. Most of the time it felt like there weren't enough trainers around and that the wild Pokes were too weak.

Right now, I'm training a full team in White and it seems to be going smoothly so far. I guess I'll see how easy it is when I'm almost towards the end of the game and all of them need to be 65-70.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • For the past few years I've trained my Pokémon evenly throughout the game. It really challenges the player, especially if you choose your team without thinking strategically, and just basing your party pretty much on who you like the most physically. But it's a lot more fun! :o)

Regrettably when I was just an adolescent, I sprinted through the games as fast as I could and didn't even read the dialogue..
    The biggest thing I can remember was, on my character named "AAAAAA," raising my Typhlosion in Gold, nicknamed "AAAAAA," which sat at level 100 (entirely legitimate), along with five HM slaves. LOL

gracelynn

Blank Flank
    Years
  • I try to keep my team around the same level (with ~2 levels variance), but one or two always end up being 5 or more levels higher just because I end up needing them more during trainer battles.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I usually try to keep them around the same levels up to two leves away from each other. However, I tend to mono run through the ends of my run, resulting to a plus five level difference.

Antisocial.

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I used to do the same with my Blaziken, because it was just so awesome. But nowadays, I set a goal before each gym, and train all my Pokémon to that level before I even go inside the gym. It makes it so much easier; if you train each Pokémon to get them up 15 levels before each gym, it works out really well.

Back