• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you train your pokemon evenly?

IceSage

Sage of Ice
Years
  • I never end up training my Pokemon evenly. I end up having one Pokemon become ridiculously powerful... and if that one Pokemon fails, it's the only motive for me to train another one.

This is, of course, at the beginning of the game. Even in my normal leveling tactics, I don't train my Pokemon evenly. One at a time for me.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • I always make sure my Pokemon are within about 5 or 6 levels of each other, otherwise the game gets kinda boring.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
  • I do when I need to beat gyms. Right now, playing through Platinum, I'm going to level up one or two Pokemon and have a couple low levels for healing/etc, and then when I'm done make a team for online.

Years
  • Whenever I'm out (like not in a town) I'll get them all up to being the same level, then I'll rotate them each time one gains a level. In gyms, however, I prefer to just use the Poke'mon that have an advantage in that gym as much as possible and catch the others up later.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I dont mainly because I focus on the ones that will be the most useful for the next battle that I will have.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I do for my in-game teams. You'll always find my highest level Pokemon (usually my starter) at the back of my team and lower level ones at the front.

After the Pokemon League it's anything goes.

DCM

A Boy Named Sue
    Years
  • on first playthrough, i tend to try to burn through the game, so i train only one pokemon.
    on a second playthrough, i try to level them evenly.

lv.100 Lugia

pσkєnєrds
    Years
  • I usually level one up to a really high level then get the exp share andjust go to the elite 4 and use it on the next pokemon I want to level.

Years
  • Kind of. On my in-game teams, I try to keep a 5 level difference between the highest level Pokemon and the lowest level Pokemon of the team.

TheLetheProject

doesn't Wifi battle yet.
    Years
  • Generally, I try to level them up evenly. At the same time, I try to pit each Pokemon against other Pokemon which will give it the desired EVs (I hardly used Alakazam in the original version of Byron's gym, though he was slightly lower in level).

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I level up my pokemon evenly. Just because they got lucky to be in my team, so it's my responsobility not to leave a single one a weakling~

Although my favorite stands out by a couple of levels. Usually it's my starter, but since I don't have it in my team now, my Houndoom is the strongest *_*

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • Yep, except I usually train the Pokemon that will have an advantage over the next gym a little more than the others, then it evens out.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Yeh I try to but I always end up having one a few levels higher say five or six mainly my starter cause its usually the strongest so if one of my other team members die I usually switch it in depending on what pokemon I'm facing.
    I never used to though, I used to always train my starter and another pokemon usually the first one I caught, they would be like mid 50's and the rest of my team would be high 30's or something

Last edited:
    Back