• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you turn the music on or off when you play Pokémon games?

joehat

Yay
Years
  • I used to love the music, but now just play my own stuff.

Metallica, Dragonforce, Megadeth, Rage Against the Machine, Shinedown, Godsmack, Kottonmouth Kings, etc.

Not exactly your everyday Pokemon playlist ahah.

And woooooo to the person who mentioned Tech N9ne! An awesome group not many people I've met know about.

My big battle song would have to be "Get Back" by Ludacris featuring Sum 41. It just seems to fit.

Years
  • I keep the music off. It's not that I don't like the music, it's just that I don't wanna waste the battery. I hate charging my stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Since I don't play when other people are around me, I always keep the music on, except when I'm training in the wild.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I keep the game music off, but I'll turn it on every now and again when a Pokemon is evolving and I want to hear it for whatever reason.

I either have the TV on for background noise, or listen to music on my laptop. There really isn't any certain music I listen to. It's mainly whatever band I'm in the mood for at the time, though "Comfort Eagle" and "The Distance" by Cake are some of my favorites for gym battles/Elite 4.

Dan :3

Gonna Join an RP
    Years
  • I listen to remakes of some of the best music while playing. I got alot of the music from PokeRemixStudio on Youtube. If Pokemon music was like THAT in the games, profits would increase 10 fold.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • For the old games, I leave it on as loud as possible unless I'm supposed to be asleep/am not supposed to be playing for some reason. For the newer games, I'll listen to it the first time, and when I get sick of it I'll turn it down and play in silence of to iTunes. I really hate the new game music. They killed the epic wild Pokémon music and the Pokémon Center music. It used to be awesome, but now it's like some lame singers who add in superfluous trills instead of singing the damn Star-Spangled Banner.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
  • The music on the games ROCK and to hear the ones from Red/Blue give a nostalgic feel to it! How can anyone hate the music???

Years
  • The music on the games ROCK and to hear the ones from Red/Blue give a nostalgic feel to it! How can anyone hate the music???
    I think exactly like this but I would like to add its no really nostalgic when you play the game for the first time but it gives such a memorable happy feeling that then makes it nostalgic hearing it the future!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • It depends on where I'm doing it and what else I'm doing at the moment. If I am in a public place, I usually tend to turn the volume off, heh. Likewise, I tend to play my DS while watching televsion sometimes, in which case I turn the sound off as well.

But when I'm concentrating solely on Pokemon, I crank the sound all the way up. This is especially true when I'm battling over WiFi. ^_^

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • When I'm playing on a handheld version, I always have the in game music on. When I have the emulator playing the games however, I play some rockin' tunes to heighten the mood of grinding. (Rocky theme anyone?)

Years
  • When I'm playing on a handheld version, I always have the in game music on. When I have the emulator playing the games however, I play some rockin' tunes to heighten the mood of grinding. (Rocky theme anyone?)
    I would actually do something like this but I only used to play with an emulator once, ages ago, but I go on to try out my hack when I do ever get the feel to hack ;C

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • It depends. I sometimes turn down the more boring tunes if I hear something more interesting in the other room. I also turn it off it the tune is really repetitive such as on the menu in the PMD games. For the most part, though, I keep it on.

Last edited:

Circus.

Years
  • I don't usually have it on, I listen to my iPod.
    On VBA I definitely turn it off since the game loads much faster.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • well sometimes when i have a podcast or i just put on the radio and when i have none i max up the volume on ds

Back