• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use a Desktop or a Laptop?

Which do you mainly use, a Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Laptop

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
    I use my desktop for video editing and most of my coding. My laptop is usually for internets and funwow. Oh, and I drain my hours on Elder Scrolls 4 on my desktop.

Years
    My laptop goes everywhere with me, as I use it at school and take it between houses. That said, I'd like to get a Desktop when I have the money. I can get a decent gaming machine for far less than a gaming laptop. And considering laptops tend to overheat if you throw too much at them, plus they're harder and more difficult to upgrade. If I got a high-end machine, it would be a Desktop, no doubt.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I myself use a laptop. Not only is it more convenient and easier to handle than a desktop. It is also more spaceful and lighter.

Besides, who would want a dusty, o' computer when you can get the new MacBook? =)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I myself use a laptop. Not only is it more convenient and easier to handle than a desktop. It is also more spaceful and lighter.

Besides, who would want a dusty, o' computer when you can get the new MacBook? =)
    Yeah, you keep saying that while getting 2 frames per second on Crysis to my 90. Wait, you can't play Crysis? Oh yeah, that's right, you have a Mac. I forgot. :3

Years
    Laptop. I like being able to carry it with me anywhere and I also like not being confined to whatever room the desktop is in. Also, my desktop is incredibly slow, so it more or less only serves as storage space now.

Laptop, you get more privacy that way. I hate when people come behind you and say "Hey watcha doing?"

I can't stand it when people read over my shoulder either. It's rude, IMO, and it's twice as annoying when they ask you lots of questions about what you're doing, especially if you're having a conversation with someone.

Phaux

Legend Hunter
    Years
    Currently use a rather outdated laptop, which is a bit aggrivating as it cannot play any games past 2005, it can't even play a DS emulator correctly, get about 45% on it with everything set to run the fastest.
    I'm using it because my desktop CPU, motherboard, video card and hard drives have died in their own way... I miss my fallout3.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I use a laptop, mostly because I can move from place to place finding a comfortable and private spot. :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Laptop. I never go anywhere without it, either. I love being able to move around with it. I never manage to get privacy, though. No matter where I go in the house, it seems my brother and sister follow me just so they can see what I'm doing. D:

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Currently using a desktop. I also use a laptop but My Sistah took away from me ;/ its screen clips are broken and the laptop charger isn't working properly meh it has a really annoying problem :[

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I use a laptop because i can move it everywhere,
    Also the printer keeps moving so i have to chase after it =3

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    I'm currently using a desktop right now, I don't own any laptops anymore... I was actually going to purchase a Macbook Pro but then at the last minute decided to get the new iMac. n_n
    ...I'm starting to kind of regret it though because sometimes I want to lay down on my bed or sit in a public area in comfort and still access the internet.. oh well. :(

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I had a terrible experience with my laptop. It was supposed to be the computer to fall back on when my desktop computer failed, but of course, it just had to fail before that point. In fact it first failed the first day of college, which is what I really got it for. It has barely helped me at all for college, and guess what? Now it's dead.

And then my desktop computer was really getting bad. My parents really spoiled me for Christmas and Birthday and bought me a whole new one. It's really great.

I don't really see myself turning back to a laptop, sorry. They're too good to be true, and that's a reality.

Back