• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Action replay?

Do you have/ Do you use a Action replay?

• I have a Action replay which i use like everyday.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a Action replay which i have used a couple of times.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I dont have one but i need one badly.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I dont think it's worth the money.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • What is a Action replay?

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Hello everybody! I wanna know what you think of Action replay. Myself i use it alot. Plz vote in the poll!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    My younger brother has one and uses it. I think some of the fun is lost if you use it, because you can get any pokemon you want, money and items. So you dont have to work towards getting those things anymore! But thats just me, as I said my brother loves using it!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I do use it but I only use it sometimes. I mainly use it for things that im too lazy to do or that will be very time consuming.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Ack, I can't vote because none of the options match my position: "I don't because I don't want to." Every one of those suggests that the voter has or wants one (except for the "What is a Action replay?" one of course).

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    I have two of them, but never use them. The game isn't very exciting if you just cheat your way through it. It would be much more exciting knowing that you beat a game fair and square. Competitive battlers actually take the time to EV train their Pokemon, without the use of a cheating device. It makes you proud of yourself when your EV trained, IV breed Gallade is battle worthy.

I'll just say that the easy way isn't always the best way. It should be long, and full of struggles, that way you feel more proud when you accomplish something you've worked days or weeks, or even months on.

I've cheated a few times, yeah, I'll admit it. But now that I look back at it, I wish I had never done that. No, my DS didn't break, nor did my game crash, but I regret it because I don't feel as proud of myself, as a person who did it fairly. Luckily, I sold my DS lite in order to obtain a DSi, which is not compatible with any cheating device.

I may borrow my friend's DS lite to use the Action Replay, but that's only for Pokemon Pearl, in which I am doing a special challenge. And what then? After you've beaten a game with a cheating device, what will you do? See, it's not as memorable as having beaten a game fairly. When you cheat, there are no struggles, or memorable moments.

You could use a code to make shiny's appear, while some other person does it fairly by chaining, which may take hours, and is very frusterating. But atleast the person who caught that Shiny Pokemon will feel proud of himself/herself for doing something fairly, knowing that it's time consuming.

Think of it this way: If you worked hard to get something, you'd be happy, beyond happy, actually. But if something was just handed to you, say like a new CD from your favourite artist, the person who worked for it will cherish the item, because they knew that they worked hard on it, and deserve it.

So, basically, cheating is bad, don't do it. And your poll options make it seem like you want to use an Action Replay, what of those that don't want it, and not because it isn't worth the money?

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I use it for making competative battling pokes- but for nothing else. It's no fun to cheat your way through the game/tower:C On the other hand I don't have a million hours to devote to breeding to the exact specifications for CB (within clear legal boundries of course), so AR helps me get it done faster.

Seriously- I have a hard time believing all of these guys that have 5 different teams for CB breed them all. That would be soooo tedious. But who knows.

I use it for speeding the breeding, and am not ashamed to be honest:p

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    I had one on Ruby. I had fun with it for about 5 days. Then I was officially bored of Pokémon Ruby, and have not gone in to play it for a long time, other than to Migrate Pokémon to Platinum/Pearl.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I play on emulator and so using AR is not a big deal for me.(coz I don't have to purchase it. XD)

I admit that I used to use it very much. Even going to the extent of using it to defeat the whole game. But after sometime, I realised that it takes the whole fun out of the game. So, now, I don't use it. ;D

To be honest, I always hated cheating from the start, but I began to like AR after a while, then I began to dislike it after using it too much. Its strange.....

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No. My brother does to make perfect Pokemon mainly for PBR use, and for that reason I never battle him :/

Then again, I have to do the work for him. He doesn't understand IV's/EV's, so I have to input all the numbers in to generate the codes, then pass them into his AR so he can hack his Diamond all to heck :/

Years
    I have an Action Replay, but I don't use it at all until I complete the game. Cheating through a game is no fun to me.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
    i use the ar EVERY time im stuck in a spot i cnt figure out... even if i use the guide it might not help well

ar ftw (i have 3 :D but 2 of 'em died D: )

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    I did have one but it made my game crash after a while so i stoped using it.

Years
    I only used it for the fun of walking through crap.....:D

Otherwise, not really. I have one, sure. But with all the codes meant for PWNing online, it's not really fair to the other players. So I try not to use it. The only reason I use it is to complete the little last entries of the pokedex, which I find fair because I have the same pokemon on my Emerald, but some douche went ahead and stole it. :(

Now for OTHER games, I have a hell of a time with it. Super Robot Taisen, for example. :D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It kinda takes the fun out of the game, action replay. Besides, I rather use the money to buy something else that benefits me and others instead of cheating through a game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    No, i dont have one, and i never will. Anybody who uses a cheating device, even if its just to give yourself TM's or pokeballs, is a cheater.

I dont play with cheaters.

I mean, sure you can go brag to all your friends "OMG guys i gotz alls level 100 pokemons and culd wip u out in one hitt!!!11!11!111!!!!1!"

If you want to go brag about how one, you play pokemon, and two, your so pathetic you cant even play POKEMON correctly, that you need to cheat because your not good enough to play POKEMON, than im sorry, but come on. Its freaking POKEMON. Either spend the time to play it right or dont play it at all.

But, of course, thats just my opinion of cheaters...

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I use it for legal stuffs like max money to buy vitamins ( which is important for EV training my pokemon ).

Back