• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use cheats?

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    If you mean watching a video that could help you pass a video game that you been stuck on for months yes,if you mean a cheating device sorta I only used gameshark for my ps2 because I lack the knowledge and time required to unlock that specific location or item.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    no not usually, though i use walkthroughs pretty often though when i'm stuck in a game. i like using cheats that do ridiculous things, like mods on just cause 2.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    It depends on the game and what i'm doing. If it's a game I don't care about, and just want to get past something that is too time consuming, then yes I might use cheats. If it's a game I want to play legitly and/or competitively, or a game that I like playing, then I will never use any cheats. For me, cheats are fine unless you are ruining the experience for someone else.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I cheat in nearly every game after I beat it because sometimes, it can just be plain fun to do. It adds to the replay value and one thing I have found that is more entertaining than playing normally is trying to find ways to break it and watch it freak out from all those weird glitches that might appear. Not only that, but you can also sometimes access unused content that the developers don't want you to see! I also cheat sometimes in Pokemon when I don't feel like doing endless grinding and want to hurry up and reap the awards without the hassle of spending what feels like forever breeding for good IV's, natures, and EV training. Despite making shortcuts, I do make absolutely sure that the stats and movesets are fair and beatable. I also make sure that none of them are shiny.

Last edited:
    Years
    So, since this got moved...
    I like the fun cheats of GTA, but I do the story without them (Well, by now I do, when I first played the game I really sucked and wouldn't have gotten far without cheating a lot. But I stopped it at some point.). The hardest missions usually involve flying planes anyway, and I don't think there are cheats to make that easier.
    Apart from that, I don't cheat a lot. In Sims, I mostly restrict myself to the one cheat that enables me to delete glitched objects. I don't like money cheats since the early game where there is a shortage of it is the most fun for me. In Heroes of Might and Magic III, I sometimes save, cheat to reveal the entire map, see what's going on, feel guilty and abandon the game. Same for IV, I just play that a lot less often.
    Apart from these, I really don't have a lot of games where cheating does anything other than "be immortal", "gain 72138234891435 resources" and the like. I don't like these.

Years
    Sometimes. Most of the time after I finish the game or only if I get stuck, and even then it's rare since I'll usually find a way around.

I have to say using cheats on a counter strike server with people with mics is one of the most hilarious things to do.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Only if I reach a point in the game where not cheating would make it almost impossible to win (like raising the 6 million gold in Fable III), or to **** around with the game.

Back