• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Legendaries in your in-game team?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I will if I find them useful enough to warrant a spot... or if I need a powerful Pokémon of that type and they just so happen to be on hand. XD I'm not so high-and-mighty that I won't use a strong Pokémon when it's offered to me.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
  • It depends. Recently in Heart Gold I didn't because My Ho-Oh is shiny and I wanted him untouched. Sometimes I do Sometimes I don't.

Years
  • When I play sapphire
    I always use Kyogre.
    When I catch it, it becomes a part of my team. ^^

In the other games I don't really use them in my team, unless I got all the gym badges and already defeated the E4.
    Then I use it to do the E4 again. :p

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Only one time, my leafgreen version. I have zapdos, moltres, and mewtwo as part of my team. Lol I was 12 and didnt really care. But now that Im older I choose not to have legends on my team. Why? Because they are a pain in the tucas to level up :D

Oh yeah and I refuse to restart leafgreed because of that.

Years
  • I used Zapdos in some run a few months ago, and it felt wrong to me. In younger years, I viewed having a legendary on my team as a reward for making it so far in the game. Well, with the awesome moveset planning I was capable of back then (for example, the fire starter with something like 3 fire moves and cut was not exactly an uncommon sight in my teams), I actually NEEDED legendaries to beat the game :D
    But now, I don't need them anymore... Legendaries are sort of like these additional stability wheels that bicycles for toddlers have, aren't they?

Years
  • The only legendary I use with any regularity would be Lugia. It's my favorit of the legendaries so I usually save it a spot on my team. Other then that I tend to use non legendary pokemon.

Back