• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Use Legendaries or Not?

Do you use Legendaries?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Only for a challenge

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunaby

I draw a pretty awesome Toucan
    Years
    I dragged the legends to my first ruin throgh the Elite 4, but never really used them at all. xD
    I really don't use legends in game very much.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I would say it's fair because it's just you playing. Anything's fair, really. It's only when you start battling another person that the question of fairness arises. Personally, I do use legends in-game.

Years
    I'm mixed on this subject. I don't use Legendary Pokemon much because my own Pokemon are at higher levels than they are.

The only way I will use Legendaries are if they are a Pokemon type that I don't have on my team and I sorely need their certain type. An example is using Kyogre as my main Water Pokemon in Sapphire.

Otherwise, my Legendary Pokemon are all relaxing in their Poke Balls.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    I think its Ok to use it in normal game-play, but it isn't alright to use them in Wi-Fi battles, because it creates an unfair disadvantage to the user.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I don't really use them. My regular team is usually good enough that I don't need them. If anything a legendary will take the spot of my HM slave when I go face the Elite Four and likely not get used anyway.

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
    I also tend to follow Smogon's tiering system; I refuse to use anything classified as Uber (including Garchomp, ugh) but have no issues with legendaries in general (I like my Azelf).

Years
    I usually use one in game but not in wifi. But when I was younger I did use them a lot more because I found them more interesting. In Soul Silver I already know I will be using my Lugia in game. I also use my event Darkrai in game as well but not now it is level 100

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    In game, sometimes. Giratina came to be handy, same way Lugia did in Gale of Darkness. But other than that, my main team has no legendaries in it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I used them rarely. But I mostly used normal pokemon because the legends were far too powerful for an average pokemon. But my cheater Best Friend(He's gonna join PC soon!) once used a Rayquaza without telling me! I was really frustrated as I took average pokemons for that battle. They were EV trained but not OU pokemon.(Eg: Muk, Machamp I can't remember more..)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I don't usually intend to, but I always seem to reach the 8th gym/Elite Four with only five trained pokemon, so I usually catch one of the legendaries to just fill my team.

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
    I find that Legendary Pokemon just make the game unchallenging and unfun. I like going through the game with average strength Pokemon and beating the Elite Four while I'm 10 levels under their level, it's fun.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    Hell, unless battling them is a part of the story, I never even battle them. They're too hard to catch proportional to how useful they would be if I suddenly included them in my team...besides, there's nothing more satisfying than beating a n00b who uses nothing but legendaries on wi-fi using only a team of fully-evolved early-game common pokemon. XD

I completely agree with this.

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
    Using one usually helps when you get to the Elite Four, but otherwise I find it much more satisfying to build up a team of regular Pokemon than take the easy route and use legendaries.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    i dont use legendaries...i also hate when people use them on me during wifi battles...ughhh

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    I don't tend to use any of the 'Uber' Legendaries. But, I myself plan on training either Mew, Celebi or Jirachi. (The small not so 'Uber' cute Legendary Pokemon)
    I do believe it's kind of cheap to use Uber Legendary Pokemon (Or just any Uber *Points at Garchomp*) on Wi-fi and through the main story :P It's just too easy, and that makes the game boring for me. :P

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    I used to have legendaries on my team... but only one per game. In Silver I had Lugia, in Sapphire I had Kyogre, and in Leaf Green I had Articuno.

Nowadays I don't like to have legendaries on my team, especially for facing the Elite Four. I consider it a nice challenge to have no legendaries there. ...And I don't think Rotom counts as a legendary, since it can breed. (I have one on my Platinum team.)

However, I might eventually try to beat the Elite Four with an all-legendary team in Diamond. That should be fun. I think that team would consist of Dialga, Manaphy, Deoxys, Darkrai, Giratina, and Cresselia... (I have yet to catch the last two though)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Outside of Wi-fi I really don't care if people use legends or not and the same applies to me. While I don't make my whole team full of legends I do add in some of the trios in for the heck of it, though in the last year or two I haven't done that much.

On wi-fi I don't use legendaries because that's where I think its unfair... plus having all legends would not make you unbeatable anyway.

Back