• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use legendaries?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Do you use legendaries on your team? Either in-game or competitive. I like to avoid them (with the exception of post-game) because it's a bit boring imo. Curious to know what other people think about this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    I never use them, it's a great accomplishment to me to catch one (especially with just a normal pokeball lol) but by the time legendaries come around I usually have my team fully put together and either don't have room in my party, or just don't want to use the legendaries. I've actually traded away my Lunala and Tapu Koko in Moon already

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    I occasionally use the mascot Legendary for a sixth party member if it isn't too far behind on levels compared to the rest of my team and doesn't share a type with them, but otherwise I tend to avoid them...amongst other things, they take forever to train, and usually by that point I have a full team of six I'm comfortable with.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Sometimes. I always reset them for the nature I want them to be. Especially now since Bottle Caps reduce the need to SR for good IV's.

I trade away bad nature ones if I intend to reset my game, banking the mon I get traded to me before resetting.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    i use legendaries all the time.... as HM slaves. but hey 7th gen is looking like HMs are gone so here on in i most likely won't use legendaries.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I rarely use them though and I just put it in the PC until later

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Competitive yes, as legendaries tend to be the better mons to offer. Helps that some of my favourites are legendaries (looking at you, Latios and Azelf). In game, I try to avoid them if possible, but recently in Omega Ruby, I just found out that the Elite Four become a lot more powerful in the rematch, and having an underleveled team, I just decided to pull out Rayquaza to Dragon Ascent some fools.

What? I really wanna evolve Wailord to catch some legends...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    When I was younger, yes I did use them. As I got older, I started deterring from using them to the point where I don't see them at all in-game wise. Only other time I really used them was during VGC last year.

Years
    I used to use legendaries in my team in every playthrough, however, these days I don't use them at all in order to use new pokemon I've never experienced before :3

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    As a kid I loved using the legendaries, but now I dislike using them. I think I used Yveltal in Y, but I certainly dont anymore. I just feel like its too easy or akin to cheating. Competitively, I try to avoid using legendaries, but Ill use them.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've never used legendaries in my main team when doing a playthrough, I usually box them which feels like a waste but I'm just not a fan of using one for the storyline.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I don't have any problems with using legendaries. They're still Pokemon, so I don't view using one as "cheating" or "unfair". In fact, legendary =/= broken and/or overpowered. Sure, there are ones that are flat-out OP like Xerneas, Mewtwo, Arceus, and Primal Groudon (and don't get me started on Mega Rayquaza), but others like Articuno, Mesprit, and the Regis are usually not really used much in competitive battles. Also, whether anyone believes Phione to be considered a legendary or not, it is generally agreed that Phione is massively underwhelming. So why is it, instead of powerful Pokemon like Aegislash and Garchomp, banned from battle facilities?

Mr. Meme

Me? Acting serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Years
    I USED to use the Mascot legendary in my main storyline party. Know, I realize that that makes thing too easy, and I avoided using Solgaleo in my Sun playthrough. He's now the king of my little Poke Pelago kingdom.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I thought about doing it once in ORAS, since you're given a Latios/Latias, but decided against it. Thought it would make already easy games even easier.

Other than that, no. Never.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I only use Pokemon that appeal to me aesthetically, and I don't think most legendaries are that nice looking... apart from the cute small ones like Jirachi, Phione/Manaphy and Celebi. My favourite legendaries are Latias and Latios so I can't not use them when I have a chance to...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    I only ever used Groudon in my Ruby team for E4 and postgame until Solgaleo, just because of how attached I was to the character in general. Otherwise they tend to be underleveled/have bad moves for the area you're in and they level up slower than normal mons, so I avoid them for my main squad.

xXLunaSolXx

I never use legendary Pokemon in my playthroughs and they always sit in the PC Box until post-game.

Back