• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use legendaries?

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Maybe once in Platinum, but otherwise once I catch one it goes straight in the box. I do use them competitively, but then again who doesn't these days.

If I could though I'd have a Raikou on all of my in game teams.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    When I was younger I filled my teams with legendaries (my first Diamond team consisted of 4(!) legendaries). Now I strive to use the mascot legendary in at least my first playthrough of the game because that's fun. In my current Silver playthrough I'm only trying to get one of the Beasts on my team because I want to have used all Pokémon at least once.

Amaris

Ghost Fanatic ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2019
    To be honest, I'll often keep them in my PC as "Trophies" almost. Something that's cool to look at, and show off but nothing much more than that. I've never used them in any of my playthroughs. Post-game, rarely, but it does happen if I'm interested enough in the legendary and/or a move that they have!

As far as competitively, never.

Years
    "We set out to create the world's most powerful Pokémon . . . and we succeeded"

*yawn* What? I'm sorry? What did you say? Legendary Pokémon? Oh. Oh! Those digital dust collectors? Why would I ruin them by training them ohohoho! Let them sit in their ball of shame knowing that a ten year old sealed away their death cannon of doom abilities.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    When it comes to playing through the story, I've only used the mascot legendaries four times (those being Ho-Oh, Suicune, Zekrom, and Lunala.) I only used them because I either didn't have the sixth slot filled, or that it felt wrong to not use it (as was the case with Zekrom and Lunala.)

I like using one of the trio legends though. Particularly to fill in the sixth slot and get some extra coverage late into the game.

Back